Quiltyhen

Would you believe it!

Even the programme "Book at Bedtime" on Radio 4 is chicken related!

The current book is The Egg and I by Betty MacDonald, read by Debora Weston.

It's a memoir of early married life as the wife of a chicken farmer on a ranch a couple of hours out of Seattle, on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State.

Liz :lol:

Oh, sounds good. What time is Book at Bedtime on?

Past your bedtime Gina......10.45 - 11pm. :lol:

You can hear things again on 'tinterweb so you might find it on the Radio 4 website.

Oops sorry forgot that not everyone is a radio 4 addict.

Thank you Egluntine for the info.

Wouldn't it be good if the BBC put the film on (it would make a pleasant change from the current offerings)?

Liz

Yes

I would believe it. I believe most things really. Its an easier policy than not believing things, and it takes much less effort. It's quite hard not believing things as you are expected to come up with reasons. People sort of want to argue with you and you have to justify your view.

Its much easier to agree then you don't have to continue with the dialogue and get into confrontational sort of situations.

So the answer to your question is Yes.

I would believe it.

:o:o:lol::lol:

Agree but disagree-Richard.If I chose to believe all the mindless 'garbage 'I read about or am exposed to then I would surely explode! :x

I couldn't bring myself to do it!

Ah, but you don't have to REALLY agree.

You can always say you agree - 'cos whats the difference if you don't.

then you can always disagree all by yourself, in private, where you don't have to argue and everyone else there will agree with you and say what a great fella you are.

Foolproof, cunning plan.

Also it extends the opportunity to rant and rave and expel all the frustrations of the day in one fair swoop!

I try to limit this explosion to once a week but it doesn't take much to set me off at times! I note you work for the Nhs-my explosions often involve highly overpaid chief execs!!

But at the moment it's the middle lane road hogs who just sit there in the lane not moving in to the slow lane and when I end up 'undertaking' them they have the audacity to complain! But oh no we musn't make progress and allow others to do so,but let's just sit in the middle lane for the fun of it!-Irritating! :twisted:

I have a problem with dishonesty

Ah, moral dishonesty is difficult isn't it. Do you tell someone something when the truth might be really hard, and "Ooops, word censored!"ody suffers if you don't?

I can think of lots of situations for which I could make a really good case for moral dishonesty.

But its difficult at this time of night, So I'm going to agree with anything anyone says 'cos its easier ......

Also it extends the opportunity to rant and rave and expel all the frustrations of the day in one fair swoop!

I try to limit this explosion to once a week but it doesn't take much to set me off at times! I note you work for the Nhs-my explosions often involve highly overpaid chief execs!!

:

Woah, where did this come from?

But I fully agree about overpaid chief execs. and what about SHA's, and PCT reorganisations and and and

And the overpaid useless politicians (sorry - unecessary duplication, don't need to say useless AND politician, it goes without saying) who won't leave the NHS alone ..

And and and and

Must take my tablets - look what you've done now.

Yes

I would believe it. I believe most things really. Its an easier policy than not believing things, and it takes much less effort. It's quite hard not believing things as you are expected to come up with reasons. People sort of want to argue with you and you have to justify your view.

Its much easier to agree then you don't have to continue with the dialogue and get into confrontational sort of situations.

I would believe it.

I'm struggling to understand what this is linked to. :oops:

All the previous posts in the thread were about The Egg and I and Radio 4.

Whilst every thing following your post is a fascinating discussion Richard.....I don't understand what prompted your posting?

It is only 6.36am though and I've not got me contacts in yet!

[.

I would believe it.

I'm struggling to understand what this is linked to. :oops:

!

I'm sorry to have caused confusion. It was my reaction to the title of the posting - 'would you believe it'

and my answer was 'yes, I would'

I didn't read the posting - I'll go back and look at it now.

Yes

I would believe it.

I agree.. I will believe it too and yes egluntine it did diverse a long way off thread too,having seen and read the posting from start. :!:

Sorry Richard! Was too late in the day - didn't believe this thread was entitled mini or major rant :oops:

Aah. All is clear to me now! :lol:

Um ... you are doing better than me. Nothing is ever clear to me. :wink:

It used to be when I was younger, and I could hold superbly extreme views that I passionately believed in.

Now I'm old, cynical and tired and I find it difficult to take a stand about things - I find myself sliding into the 'what does it matter in the grand scheme of things' or 'I'm never going to change anything so why put in a lot of time trying' sort of mindset.

Not that I'm happy about it, but that seems to be the way ..

Old age I suppose ...