Good Evening everyone,

My wife has just ordered a (cube green) and we have found somewhere to put it in the garden. The way we want it would mean that the door opening side would be near a brick wall.

The question is, How much of a gap do you need to get beside the cube in order to open the door with the handle?

Have been reading on the forum that many people have experienced problems with opening their doors is it really a problem with the Cube's?

Trapper

Hi, I've had no personal experience of door handle trouble and I don't think it's a common fault. I was looking at my door handle and I would think you'd need at least a metre away from a wall to open it without s"Ooops, word censored!"ing your knuckles!

Don't let it put you off the cube, it's a great product.

Mine is quite close to the wall, but I don't lock the door. As I'm not walking past it, I don't need to worry about knocking the handle, so at night I just pull it out to shut the door and leave it that way. I left about a foot and a half, essentially just over the gap I had to leave for the skirt of the run to fit in. You can see how close it is here

Cube1-1.jpg

Mine is quite close to the wall, but I don't lock the door. As I'm not walking past it, I don't need to worry about knocking the handle, so at night I just pull it out to shut the door and leave it that way. I left about a foot and a half, essentially just over the gap I had to leave for the skirt of the run to fit in. You can see how close it is here

this is exactly what I do. I had a couple of times, early on, when the door stuck closed. So now I don't turn the handle at all and leave the handle out. I then just slide it open and closed.