magamamma

what is the going rate for eglu's nowadays

I have a mark 1 eglu and really want to upgrade to a cube. i know that the cubes are pricey but if i can sell my glu and add that to the funds it might help. I know there are lots of ebay glu's but none of them have ended, just wanted a general decent price to sell one for.

maggie and my three girls

bluebelle

HENrietta

lily

Hello,

You can check for ended listing on eBay. Simply search for Eglu and then tick the "completed listings" box in the left column. As you can see recently, 3 x Mark II with run sold for £310 :shock: and 1 x without run sold for £245. So, I would say, it's definitely the time to sell :wink:

Celine

I paid £245 a few months ago for a Mark 1. :oops:

A mad cap purchase. I wanted it for no better reason than the fact that it is yellow....and the seller was in Sheffield so I didn't have to schlepp 300 miles to collect it. I reckon it was fate that brought us together!

It is soon to be the home of three ex-batts.

It is lovely.....so cheery looking.

I'm saving up for another eglu - unknown to hubby. I've got hooked on making my own jewellery to sell & sorting out my junk to ebay. I want some sexed chicks this year & to watch them grow & tame them from ver very young. It's either that or ex batts. I have a motto that I get at least 2 new chooks every year - good motto eh?!

I've benn watching a couple of eglu's on ebay as they are both in Staffordshire -so I could collect. But for the prices they are fetching, I may as well buy new! Now what colour shall I save up for?

Emma.x

I paid £245 a few months ago for a Mark 1. :oops:

A mad cap purchase. I wanted it for no better reason than the fact that it is yellow....and the seller was in Sheffield so I didn't have to schlepp 300 miles to collect it. I reckon it was fate that brought us together!

It is soon to be the home of three ex-batts.

It is lovely.....so cheery looking.

Yellow Mark 1 Eglus are the mutts nuts, they really are.

There's a mark 1 on Ebay already at £285! A recon MK2, without delivery from Omlet is only £300 - have people gone mad on ebay?

People get caught up in Ebay madness....they lose sight of reality and go into the "I won't be beaten" mode. It has nothing to do with the actual object they are bidding for, but all to do with the winning.

Many also don't take into account the silly P&P that many sellers add to make even more profit.

There's a mark 1 on Ebay already at £285! A recon MK2, without delivery from Omlet is only £300 - have people gone mad on ebay?

People get caught up in Ebay madness....they lose sight of reality and go into the "I won't be beaten" mode. It has nothing to do with the actual object they are bidding for, but all to do with the winning.

Many also don't take into account the silly P&P that many sellers add to make even more profit.

you're so cynical Egluntine... but it's so true :P

I use a sniper program now so I don't get sucked into the "mode"

I set the limit I'll pay and if I'm outbid so be it, there's always another auction

it's taken me weeks to get a new lens for my camera, basically because I wouldn't pay more than £60 inc post and they were going for ~£80 + post

this morning I finally won one :D

wow thankyou for all the replies. sounds great so i can get half the money for a CUBE by selling my mark1. ebay seems the way to go. It must be with all the progs on for the chooks that people want to keep them more. can complain its good for us and its good for the birds too.

the hard part is the transition from eglu to cube when i do sell it. who cares though. I want to fill a box a day with eggs. im going for it!!!

maggie