kazaddress

Martain :) Congratulations :)

It's still a much shorter wait than you thought :D:D

Congratulations, and what lovely parents you have 8)

My first hen, many many years ago, was a broody called Penny and I got her and 13 fertile eggs as an Easter present instead of chocolate eggs. Wise choice to go for eglu money rather than chocolate. :D

No, it's very rare to get all the eggs to hatch since the cockeral may not have mated with all the hens he lives with :wink:

I had 8 hatch and they were wonderful :D:D

And over half of them were little girls :D:D

The little boys all got called Dinner and had a very happy life and then tasted wonderful :D

No, seriously Martin. what could be better? giving an animal a good life before its eaten. then making sure you eat all of it. thats respect for the animal, for the nourishment it gives you.

We want a smallholding in the fullness of time, which will involve chickens for eggs and dinner, ducks and geese for same (my favorite, goose), piggies for breeding and meat and alpacas (cos Ian loves them and they pay for themselves in wool). all my animals would have a great life, then be a great meal!

I just love happy endings and chickens at Easter (or thereabouts) and a happy excited mum too :!:

What a lovely ending and I am so impressed at your dogged determination.

Here is a young man that should go far in life.

Heartiest congratulations Martin