chickencam

Fat Wednesday

Apparently today is the day on which we eat the most calories as a nation appart from Christmas day. Everyone is bored with their diets and bored with waiting for bikini weather so we 'treat' ourselves.

Has anyone had a sudden desire to eat something naughty today?

I have just eaten a packet of salt & shake crisps, I am normally good and don't eat crisps but they were calling to me. :lol:

It's the other way round for me :D ... Come January I'm way too exhausted from the whole xmas/new year/relatives visits/OH's birthday to make any good resolution, and the cold dark weather sends me to the sofa with cadbury bars and mugs of tea, coffee, and brandy (not mugs of it), whereas at this time of year all my healthy good will kicks in...

We were on holiday last week and got to stay on a yacht, catered by an american couple who were lovely but seemed to think that they had to feed us enough in a week to last us 6 months...

I'm back home now and in half a week have managed to lose half the weight put on during the holiday, and feeling totally motivated to stick to it... I don't really diet though... I just eat healthily, limit unhealthy food to an occasional treat, reduce fizzy drinks and alcohol, and get bit more active... don't think that counts as a 'diet'...

Been doing really well so far this year, and was thrilled when I tried a dress on in a shop recently, and had to ask the shopping assistant for a smaller size...

Edited by Guest

STOP IT AT ONCE!! Tonight is my first ever session at my first ever slimming club! You lot are not helping! :lol: I will not open the fridge, I will not open the fridge, I will not opn the fridge....... :shock:

Mrs B

What slimming club have you joined Mrs B?

Good luck for tonight :D

Half a packet of Minstrels so far - because I found them at the bottom of a shopping bag I had cleaning bits in and too lazy to empty out - shoved it straight into the bathroom cupboard without checking! Sort out this morning and whahey - TREASURE! :D Also off out with friend tonight - no dessert for me - floater coffee though (just as bad really). Good luck at the meeting tonight, should be fun! No laughing - it adds to your weight. Has anybody found out why that is?

STOP IT AT ONCE!! Tonight is my first ever session at my first ever slimming club! You lot are not helping! :lol: I will not open the fridge, I will not open the fridge, I will not opn the fridge....... :shock:

Sounds like a padlock and a guardian of the key would be a good idea :lol:

Good luck at the slimming club Mrs B, I've never joined any of these, as I've never had that much weight to lose (unfortunately, for that same reason, I seem to hang on to said weight), but have heard a lot of good about them, and occasionally buy magazines from them, I find all their success stories rather inspiring...

I've been good all day - had a green day today on Slimming World - only because I won the raffle last night & the prize was all the ingredients to make a recipe from the magazine...so it was beans on toast for breakfast, baked potato, cottage cheese, yoghurt & fruit for lunch & the homemade vegetable canneloni is due out of the oven at 9pm!!!! Yum!!!! So been a very good girl today!

Emma.x

Hey Emma, I've joined Slimming World too! I'm never going to be a "9 stone" person, at my absolute fittest (before chhildren obviously :roll: ) I was 10 1/2 stone, was in the gym 3 times a week for an hour and a half but now with 3 kids, dog, chooks, work, everything I don't get time fot the gym. I put on shed loads with DD1, never lost it all, more with DD2 - never lost it all, same with DS and now, not only have I stopped going down the scales, (he's 2 1/2 now) I've started creeping back up :shock: NOOOOO!! I'll be 40 in July and I don't want to be fat and 40, I'm not hugely fat and I'm not bothered about the numbers side of weght but I know I'm bigger than I want to be. So, I'm just getting my head round the green day or red day thing, I think I'm going to be mostly green day as that's where the pasta is! :lol: How long did it take you to get the hang of it all?

Mrs B

Mrs B - good for you! It took me 2 weeks to really get into it! Quorn is a lifesaver! We only ever have chilli made with quorn now! I also make a pastryless quiche every week to use the girls eggs!!!!

I do allow myself a roast each week with yorkshire & gravy same as normal, but then I'm good on Monday!

It is really easy & I don't notice I'm dieting any more. I eat normal sorts of food, not just salad, salad & more salad. I'm not frightened to eat anything really, even a bit of chocolate here and there as I think that way, you are more likely to stick with it! Cut out everything & you'll give up.

Mullerlight yogurts are lifesavers too, especially like the banana custard ones..although they are not totally free!

Syn free chips are gorgeous with an egg fried in fry light & loads of mushy peas - free on green day.

I can give you loads of tips & down to earth meal ideas that everyone will eat, not just you! The chocolate orange jelly is just scrummy!

Best tip..eat eat eat loads of all that is free until you burst!!! :lol:

Good luck..Oh & the canelloni was nice, but very faffy!

Think I'll stick with my quorn moussaka! :wink:

Emma.x

my day has been pig out from start to finish! Had sausage and chips for tea last night (a rare treat normally!) so had the cold leftover sausages on a sandwich for breakfast, then 2 bags of crisps and some biscuits later, for tea had 2 baked potatoes, flesh scooped out and mashed with bacon and cheese then grilled and served with a generous helping of coleslaw and then half a big bar of chocolate with nuts in :oops: