Pookylover

Layers mash. How do you feed it??

Morning everyone, It is 3 days until I collect my battery girls and my husband brought me a bag of layers mash yesterday for them. It advises on the website to give them this as that is what they are used to and change gradually. There are no instructions on the bag as to how to feed it. Is it given dry or do I wet it? If I wet it is it warm or cold water?? Sorry to ask but I haven't got a clue about this stuff. Many thanks, Clare x

Yep, dry here too. I fill up the grub feeders every few days. They peck at it and it takes them much longer to fill up compared to pellets.

In the afternoon/early evening, I mix up a small bowl of mash with warm water to make a 'porridge' and add sweetcorn and chopped courgette. A bed time treat for them, not that they are spoilt :roll::roll::lol:

Edited by Guest

it's ground up/mashed up (hence the name) grains and you just feed it dry. If you add water then it will go sour very quickly and they won't eat it.

I wondered the same when I first started out.

Hi yes your are right with the water for the porridge. Just put the mash down and the Girls will do the rest. If you have not got a feeder use a heavy pot dish as anything light they tip over as they perch on the edge.

Relax you will love it so much fun. :D:D:D