• Administrators

Unfortunately, Yellow was discontinued as a colour because it tended to attract a lot of insects - I guess they thought it was a big flower! :lol:

I don't believe we have any plans to resurrect it in the near future - sorry!

Matt

The flies story has always been denied by Omlet previously. :?

My yellow one doesn't attract anymore flies than my green ones.

When I placed my very first order,nearly 3 years ago now,Omlet told me then that it had been stopped because of the fly problem :?

Shame, I love yellow.

But Orange is just as nice & the cube looks great in it 8)

When I ordered my first Eglu I asked about a yellow one and was told that they had just decided to ring the changes with a different colour selection. I asked if it was because of the fly issue which I had read about and was told categorically no....but as they were no longer available, I ordered a green one. To my annoyance, one month later they introduced purple.:?

I mentioned once on the forum a long time ago about the fly/yellow Eglu issue and the owner of a yellow Eglu was very forthright in his/her denial that this was the case.

When I ordered my cube and chatted to Johannes about how lovely (and popular) a yellow cube would be, he agreed, said he regretted not getting a yellow Eglu one himself and said the fly issue was a myth, and that the matter would be given some consideration.

I suggest that if enough people show an interest and contact the mothership, they might reconsider.

May I ask about the Lilac coloured cube? -- How long will it be available?

I had to postpone my cube purchase for another 6-8 weeks, so I am hoping that this limited colour will still be available when I come to order.

I may be wrong, but I think Omlet only charge your CC the day before they ship your Cube/Eglu to you. So you could order now for delivery at whatever future date you fancy. (Within Reason)

Oh, thanks Hazel -- yes, I know it can take over a month to get the cube after order, and they don't charge until just before... the 6-8 week timing is my compromise with my OH, who doesn't want the charge to show up on our account until end of July or early August.

I am checking on the Lilac, because I want that colour so much -- if I hear from them that there are only 3 left or something, I'm placing my order right away and marital harmony be damned! :lol:

Well as I said earlier I have my "Green" cube on order and the girls have almost finished packing. I have not yet told them about the new lodgers but will leave that up to them to have a house discussion about and lay down the rules.

How miffed would I be if I found out within 3 months a yellow cube is introduced.

Is the issue the fly problem or what? I am confused with the replies!!

Is the issue the fly problem or what? I am confused with the replies!!

Well, I cannot answer for the owners of yellow eglus, but... as a child I did do the school experiments to test if flies and mosquitos would be more attracted to one colour or another. The scientific conclusion (based on the experiments of 17 eleven year olds) was nope. The insects showed no preference for any colour of manmade material, though they did like particular coloured vegetation... the attraction of flies-to-yellow, we were told, was an oversimplification of natural instincts of insects to nectar plants, which involves sight, smell and other senses, not just attraction to colour.

Okay -- now that I have showed myself up for a complete nerd! :oops: -- I hope that helps or adds something to the discussion.

I think it may just be a question of popularity - it was changed for Orange..

We have a yellow Eglu... and yesterday we had Eglu owning visitors......we went to look at the flies as there seem to be a lot around this year..... there were more flies on the Pink one then the Yellow one :lol: