Helly Welly Posted May 19, 2008 Share Posted May 19, 2008 I think Uggs look like slippers Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted May 19, 2008 Share Posted May 19, 2008 I love my crocs - can't wait to get some that fit again (They are in transit!). At the moment I'm wearing my garden ones which are too big and my troikas which are a good fit but not really summery. I walked to the boot sale in the oversized ones a week ago and met a friend there - her first words were "what have you got on your feet!" and it wasn't said in a good way! I truly adore them, James loves his too but Mum just won't wear them because they are too hideous - and you should see the disgusting old shoes she wears because they are "comfortable". I wouldn't be seen dead in UGGLY UGGS though - maybe your feet are snug but when you follow an Ugg monster and look at their feet they always seem to be hanging over the sole part. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted May 19, 2008 Share Posted May 19, 2008 Well remembered Tina. I have had a bit of a go at the stupid shoes in the past. I try to avoid the threads about them now. ....but there is only one thread about them now Richard........... and I notice you haven't avoided it? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helly Welly Posted May 19, 2008 Share Posted May 19, 2008 Do you think Richard has a secret stash of Crocs we don't know about? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted May 19, 2008 Share Posted May 19, 2008 I think he must have..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tessa the Duchess Posted May 19, 2008 Share Posted May 19, 2008 Whilst I think Crocs are the work of the devil I do like Uggs, although again I think they are overpriced. They look so cosy for winter and you can get 2 pairs of socks on and still wear them if you suffer from cold feet. I adore shoes, it is my weakness, although I very rarely buy new shoes now. My favourite casual shoes are Converse the ones that come up to the ankle. I have one very weak ankle caused by years of dancing and I find them a perfect support I have 3 pairs, turquoise, silver and sage green. Tessa Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
McChook Posted May 19, 2008 Share Posted May 19, 2008 I just wish I could fine comfortable shoes for my weird feet full stop! Tried crocs but they're too wide and not comfy at all for my feet. I wouldn't care what they looked like as long as they were comfy Poet, have you tried Birkenstocks? Not the prettiest footwear, but, for me anyway, the comfiest! I bought a pair of Birkenstocks toe post sandals about 3 or 4 years ago and have worn them every summer since, they're excellent! As for crocs, I have a pair of purple copycrocs which I wear when I'm in the run/garden - very comfortable and practical. My 12 year old daughter gave me a look of total disgust when I first bought them and made me swear not to wear them out of the house (especially with all the chicken charms I've put on them)... but these days I can never find them because they're on HER feet! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted May 19, 2008 Share Posted May 19, 2008 Poet, have you tried Birkenstocks? Not the prettiest footwear, but, for me anyway, the comfiest! I bought a pair of Birkenstocks toe post sandals about 3 or 4 years ago and have worn them every summer since, they're excellent! I can't wear anything that shows my toes. I have (and I hate this expression as much as I hate the expression pigeon chested!) hammer toes with corns on them. All down to my Marfan syndrome. I also have really high insteps and the balls of my feet hurt something chronic. Shoes are just a general nightmare for me unfortunately Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickweed Posted May 19, 2008 Share Posted May 19, 2008 Crocs remind me of duck-billed platypuses ( Is that spelt correctly? ) I might buy a pair though, as most people seem to love them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted May 20, 2008 Share Posted May 20, 2008 Poet, have you tried Birkenstocks? Not the prettiest footwear, but, for me anyway, the comfiest! I bought a pair of Birkenstocks toe post sandals about 3 or 4 years ago and have worn them every summer since, they're excellent! Ooooh don't get me started on my Birkenstock collection - I have about a dozen pairs and all bar one are the toe post style. Fortunatley they still fit - by tightening up the straps. One pair are dress ones and they cost £60 - mind you I think when I dress formally this summer I'll be wearing Manolo Blahniks (a long term promise to buy a pair if I ever got to be a size 12!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Richard T Posted May 20, 2008 Share Posted May 20, 2008 Well remembered Tina. I have had a bit of a go at the stupid shoes in the past. I try to avoid the threads about them now. ....but there is only one thread about them now Richard........... and I notice you haven't avoided it? But this is a thread about not liking the stupid shoes and I couldn't really avoid contributing to it, could I? And in the last couple of weeks there have been at least three other threads in the Nesting Box about the stupid shoes, and although that's not as bad as last year, I think it's still overdoing it. Why not have a sticky? As for a secret stash ... no chance ... there's no space in the shoe room what with all my Manolo Blahniks ... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted May 20, 2008 Share Posted May 20, 2008 We'd better have some photos then Richard Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kaylis1980 Posted May 20, 2008 Share Posted May 20, 2008 ooh me me!! i really cant stand them and roll my eyes when i see people wearing them.... yet.... i cant help thinking how practical they would be JUST for my garden Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted May 21, 2008 Share Posted May 21, 2008 Soooooo many people start off by buying some 'just for the garden' Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 21, 2008 Share Posted May 21, 2008 I think that was Dan's initial justification.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted May 21, 2008 Share Posted May 21, 2008 I'm a member of the Croc loving brigade. Last year when my arthritis was at its worse, I could hardly walk some days and not even my Teva sandals could tame my aches! I decided to try some Crocs but opted for Mary Janes and my life was transformed! I can wear them all day with not a twinge as they seem to support my feet so well and cushion them. I now have four pairs of MJs and a pair of Troikas, and can now wear other shoes too so long as I go back to my Crocs at the first sign of any pains. I couldn't be without them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted May 21, 2008 Share Posted May 21, 2008 They're invading again. This thread is for those that DON'T like crocs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kaylis1980 Posted May 21, 2008 Share Posted May 21, 2008 well no matter how much i think they might be good for the garden, i could never ever hand over money for a pair of those things Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Richard T Posted May 21, 2008 Share Posted May 21, 2008 We'd better have some photos then Richard The MBs won't let me take their photograph. They say that if I do so I will be stealing their soles. PS I see that another crocs thread started yesterday evening. I've avoided it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted May 21, 2008 Share Posted May 21, 2008 I think that was Dan's initial justification.... He does only wear them in the garden Clare, he has yet to be seen in public in them We all have a pair each and they are just the best thing ever for muddy, chickeny gardens Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mutrix Farmers Posted May 21, 2008 Share Posted May 21, 2008 I just think they are very expensive! Been trying to get a cheap pair for Son who grows out of shoes in 3 months and I refuse to pay £30. Can't say I fancy a paid for myself though, I'm more of a leather flip flops kind of girl, especially with sequins on!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted May 21, 2008 Share Posted May 21, 2008 I initially bought them just for the garden. As for cheap ones - I've tried those imitation ones on in the shops and they are made from nasty hard stuff not nice comfy squishy stuff. You can get cheap secondhand ones on Ebay - bearing in mind they are machine washable its not too gross! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted May 21, 2008 Share Posted May 21, 2008 PS I see that another crocs thread started yesterday evening. I've avoided it. I'll own up to that one! However it is a useful tip about Prima crocs and getting them to fit as they are a funny shape and fall off most people's feet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hen Huggers R Us Posted May 21, 2008 Share Posted May 21, 2008 Hi, me and my hubby both have the gardening shoes called cloggies. These are narrower in the feet dont have any holes in the toe area so you can jet wash to your hearts content without getting wet feet, and they have a comfy liner in them. So we think they are much nicer all round, anyone else got them? By the way they are made by a company called "town & country" Hope this helps with anyone who has narrow thin feet like me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tessa the Duchess Posted May 21, 2008 Share Posted May 21, 2008 Hi, me and my hubby both have the gardening shoes called cloggies.These are narrower in the feet dont have any holes in the toe area so you can jet wash to your hearts content without getting wet feet, and they have a comfy liner in them. So we think they are much nicer all round, anyone else got them? Yes DH and I both have cloggies for the garden and chicken duties. I think they are great, mine are bright yellow and DH has boring green ones. I think they are positively elegant in comparison with clumpy Crocs and...they are a third of the price. Tessa Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...