we're suppsoed to be having delivery of an eglu tomorrow. they said they would phone us today and they haven't done so. i've left a mesage and they just aren't answering the phone. All I get is an answerphone saying they are all busy and will get back to you.

They had better come tomorrow as promised as my husband has taken the day off work and there will be 2 hysterical children if they don't appear with their new pets.

Anyone else had trouble with delivery?

I set up a poll about this a while back - if anything people were finding that delivery was coming a day early which annoyed those of us who had booked a day off work, only to have delivery plonked in the garden the day before. This applied to about half of those who replied to poll, about half were exactly on time, with very few late (hope you are not one of them).

Best of luck with it all - we got our chickens at weekend and I have hardly heard a "cheep" (pardon the pun) out of my 2 kids since then! Chicken watching is the new Nintendo!

there are supposed to be 3 chickens coming with it as well - surely they can't deliver them early if people are out?? I was in all morning and the answerphone has been on for the rest of the day. The kids are really excited about tomorrow as well. They've been counting the days down for the past 3 weeks.

Well, I don't know for sure, but I read the poll and that thread, and I assumed the problem with early deliveries being plonked on the front garden were cubes or eglus without chickens. I also couldn't imagine that Omlet would or could leave live birds. I got the impression that if your order involves someone setting up your house, run and installing your chickens, that those customers got delivery as expected.... but, I could be thinking wishfully :? -- I do hope all goes well tomorrow. I shall be watching this space for your update!

hopefully it will all be OK then - all I can do is phone in the morning. I think it will be an early rise for the kids though - they're really excited! I'll let you know when our little ones arrive. I think they are to be called "Pecky" named by the 4 year old "Pepper" named by my not very original 7 year old and either Pru or Petunia - I'm the one that can't make up my mind. I'll see what she looks like when she arrives!!

Night night

xx

I really hope everything goes to plan today- I know what it's like when littlies expect something to happen & it doesn't.

I'm sure though that since you are getting hens as well that the delivery will be today, it wouldn't be right if your hens turned up say tomorrow & you were at work, for example.

Another suggestion, if you've not already done it -- can you not check your credit card to see if you have been charged? Don't they only charge once things are on the truck and ready to go out for delivery?

Of course they should have rung you to tell you one way or another, but this might be one other way to check up on things.

They're here. Bang on 12:30 with Darren to do the assembly bits. Fablulous, explained everything really nicely to the kids and clipped their wings and gave them a cuddle before putting them in the run.

We have Pecky a gingernut ranger

Mrs Pepperpot and Petunia - two Miss Pepperpots

:D:D:D:D

I'll try and sort out pics and the little chickn symbols at the bottoms of my mails now!

It's chucking it down at the moment. 2 sets of clothes for the 4 year old later and they're inside watching through the window. Great excitement as one has just gone into the Eglu! They're apparently about 17 weeks old so probably not likely to lay but the kids are eve optimistic. I bet they go out to look through the eggport as soon as Mrs Pepperpot comes back outside.

Trying out an avatar as well. Seemed to have to make it very small to upload it so we'll see if I've managed.

Oh Congratulations on your safe arrivals! :lol:

Glad it all went well, mine are 17 weeks old too :) they arrived on Sunday. My Miss P/Black Rock PP Mabel seems much more advanced and has already been trying the nestbox out :wink:

Yours might be the same...

BW x

can't get the avatar thing going at all. I seem to be able to get the right size and have tried the avatar sizing thing in photobucket. Will try just adding the pics to the post.

3hens.jpg

Left to right - Pecky, Mrs Pepperpot and Petunia

peterandtheeglu.jpg

lauraandpecky.jpg

This one says it all don't you think!!