Dodge Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 Hi guys, Where ever I look, be it a magazine or TV program, or newspaper article. Chicken keeping has never been so popular Both myself and my OH have often spoken about getting some chooks over the years, but did not feel confident enough. That is until we found the Omlet website. We were both amazed at the products available and the wealth of knowledge on this forum. As a result of doing masses of research and joining what is without doubt the best forum in the world for anything to do with chickens, enabled me to have the confidence to take the plunge and buy my cube, and rescue my girls. 6 months down the line, and neither of us could ever imagine being without them. I think that for any novice like me, the starter pack that omlet offers is a fantastic way to get started. Some people think that the cube & eglu are expensive, however after looking at alternative housing and the associated problems with being made out of wood, in my opinion there is no contest. I found that the prices were very similar, when you take everything into account. We decided that we would make a fashion statement by choosing a bright pink cube It certainly got the neighbours gossiping when they saw it. It is no exaggeration to say, that getting the girls has changed our lives forever. It has made us think more about our environment, and we are now composting and growing our own veg. So I would just like to say: Well done to Omlet for all the care and consideration they put into their products and web site, and for making available this fantastic forum. Kind regards to all. Dodge. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superjules Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 Hear hear, Dodge. I would never have got chickens had the eglu not been available. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lisa33 Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 I agree. I would never have got chickens without my "Ooops, word censored!"nal Red eglu. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cluckbok Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 Ditto!! Yes Omlet is fantastic, whenever we have ordered something it always arrives within 2 days or next day. Their product and this forum are brilliant. It's nice being able to talk chicken whenever we like! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
welsh sarah Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 i agree i very much doubt i would have taken the plunge if it hadnt been for the eglu and this forum i agree chickens do change your life, i love them, there is something magical about them and you just have to watch them even if they are scratching the stones all over the lawn!! sarah Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cyber Chook Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 Well, I'm very new to this chicken-keeping malarkey, but I agree. My teenage daughters bring their friends around, and they sit and watch them pottering and pootling about, or hoot with laughter as three of the chooks squeeze in together to enjoy a dustbath in their cat litter tray, and I think it's such a relaxing thing for them, and for me. I wonder what it is that's so mesmerising about them. And no, I definitely wouldn't have got round to getting chickens had it not been for Omlet making it so easy and convenient. If Carlsberg made chicken houses.... Caroline Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 Well said, Dodge Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superjules Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 If Carlsberg made chicken houses.... Too true! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Woodchick Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 Could not agree more. I've thought about it for ages - triggered by an article on eglus - and researched everything carefully. The fact that you can package it up and organise with ease was the trigger. Otherwise it would have languished on my to do list for years! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
surferdog Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 Me too. I'd always wanted hens - my grandmother used to keep them although hers were completely free-range. I don't even remember seeing a hen house but I guess there must have been one somewhere. I didn't think it was something we'd ever be able to do without at least an acre so the eglu was a revelation. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 The title of my first book will be "We started with two...."- hens that is I don't think we'd be in quite the position we are in now if I hadn't seen the advert for an Eglu when I did.............now we live on a smallholding and have....... erm.......lots.... of Eglus and hens Thanks Omlet! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cluckbok Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 My have you really got 12 eglus? Wowee!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stevie Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 Well said Dodge!!! I was going to have chooks regardless,but the Eglu's wacky design won me over plus they made it in outstanding orange! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hillfamily Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 It is no exaggeration to say, that getting the girls has changed our lives forever. It has made us think more about our environment, and we are now composting and growing our own veg. I know exactly what you mean My life is virtually unrecognisable from what it was 'pre-chickens' Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 I agree with everything above. I doubt my OH would have been as happy for me to have the girls without the modern looking cube to go in his garden (I hasten to add I do all the gardening)! The thrill of having your own eggs is just fantastic! And they were delicious I have no complaints at all Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 Hear, hear . I've nothing but praise for Omlet and their product. It's made what seemed like quite a scary thing, remarkably easy (along with all the advice and reassurance from the forum, of course ). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 Ditto to all the above. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...