AnnieP

delete me

Jem - I quite agree we should have a topic where we can announce new photos. I did mention it a long time ago and The Gallery is so big now and I for one don't look at it unless someone mentions that they have just posted new photos.

I have made it into a Sticky so that we can all come along and tell the world to look at our most recent photos.

Do you want me to rename it?

Gorgeous photo's Clare - I love the Black and White ones!

Have you posted instructions as to how to tie the curtain down. What a fab idea. We have the green Omlet one, and it's so dark for the girls. I'm scared they'll become manic depressives by the end of the Winter :?

Gina, I got the bungees hooks (as seen in close up picture) from B&Q, it was cheaper than buying the bungee cord and the hook seperately. I cut a bit off each side of the shower curtain so that it sloped down to the narrow end of the run, then put this clear gaffer tape with webbing in it (also B&Q)along the edges and over the corners. Made a hole on each corner (could have done with eyelets, but that means buying a gadget to insert them) and threaded the bungee hook through.

Remarkably easy, especially as Rosie helped hold the curtain while I put the tape on the edges. Let's just hope that it's still there in the morning after these gales!

Kate, the bunny is one of two - bigger now than in the photo, but their cuteness seems to have increased in proportion with their size :D The B&W photos were done by a mate last C'mas. Mel was commenting on my 'bald old man' so I thought I'd show her how foxy he is! Took me ages to get looking that good BTW :?

I've just posted photos of what we did to our run - we used tarpaulin as we cannot put in posts because the main sewer runs below. Nowhere near as smart as Nicola's, but it works. We had a problem after the torrential rain and it now resembles Steptoe's back yard but the chickens don't seem to mind all the brooms!

There is also a photo of the prototype nestbox which I have had to make to stop the egg eating problem which we had. It is made from cardboard, plastic bags and tape - we will make one in wood now that we know it works.

covered run

I think it looks great lesley, as long as it serves a purpose............I forgot you have a section containing dinner it makes it a bit harder to cover and would cost a fortune to put the plastic roofing on. I like your nesting box and egg collecter what a good idea now as soon as the eggs are layed they roll into the collection box away from Ellie's beak............... :lol:

Thanks Clare, I have to admit it took longer to build than I thought it would my dad is such a perfectionist, I could hear my OH chunnering away at how long it was taking........... :lol: The roof will stay on it now because it has stoppped the run from turning into a muddy mess and the chooks love it especially Bunty who hates the rain.