quickcluck

WORMING

Hi guys, dont know if i'm putting this in the right place, but will have a go...

Which is best the verm-x or flubenvet??? Chooks not here yet, but dont want to be caught out.... they should come wormed though shouldn't they???

Also what should I get as a sort of first aid kit? The Purple spray??

Thanks in advance

:lol:

Take a look here for some good advice about worming.

Flubenvet is the wormer of choice for most of the chook keepers on the forum.

http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4619

As for a first aid kit the list could be endless! :shock::lol:

Avipro - a probiotic powder is good if they have tummy troubles as is Bokashi Bran

Bach Rescue Remedy is great to add to their water if they have had a fright or are feeling a little off colour

Davinova C is a calcium supplement which can help improve shell hardness and aid in preventing soft eggs

Im sure others can make a few of their own suggestions too :D

Vermx is a preventative herbal wormer, but if they will be kept on the same ground, then I would recommend Flubenvet as that will zap any worms!!

I wouldn't worry too much about a first aid kit just yet. Citricidal is good for general sniffles/colds, but get anything if/when you need it.

:D

Purple spray is very useful for disguising and giving a bit of antiseptic protection to wounds.

I would add it to my list, along with Emma's suggestions, plus Citricidal for colds etc.

Limestone flour for soft eggs too.

Red mite Powder....it smells lovely.

I've got both Diatom and Red Mite powder :) . I think (I may be wrong :? ) that Diatom is for preventing red mite and Red Mite powder is for prevention but also treating them if they get red mite.

I brush Diatom round the roosting bars and sprinkle Red Mite powder into the nestbox (it does smell lovely, Egluntine's right!). Occasionally I give the girls a dusting under their armpits and botties!