UkButton

Kids Mill Baby Furniture

Thought I would seek some advice on baby funiture. We are look at Kids Mill stuff and wondered if anyone had any experience with them or any similar they would reccomend.

BTW do not buy anything from tutti bambini as the qulity is terrible and they do not refund... so we are now going into court proccedings to get our money back.

I'm afraid my policy on baby furniture is don't touch it with a barge pole. Unless you are planning on having 6 children and will get the use out of it. Otherwise before you know it, they want older child furniture and your lovely baby furniture is obsolete (and probably covered in either stickers or crayon :roll: ) I've always used charity shop pieces and tarted them up with a lick of paint or stickers. That way they can deface them as much as they want and it's no problem! :lol:

Aha :roll::lol:

Try and persuade her that you can put the money you would save towards something else baby related...although if she's got her heart set on baby furniture I wish you luck in getting her to change her mind! :lol::lol:

We have a new set of drawers (full size) in the baby room but as soon as the little bogwoppit is old enough to wreck furniture we'll swap and put the second hand drawers that are in our bedroom ( which we inherited from a nursing home!) in his room. :D

A fair point and one that I would take heed of.... Buuut! its the Gfs shout on this one (its just my money) I'm sure you get the picture. :roll:

I do get the picture - I was probably just the same when I had my first. But 16 years and 3 children later - hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it? :lol: (just don't let her spend too much :wink: ) Ikea is a fairly safe bet!

BTW do not buy anything from tutti bambini as the qulity is terrible and they do not refund... so we are now going into court proccedings to get our money back.

Well i have just bought a room set from Tutti Bambini and the OH & I are really pleased with both its quailty and the customer service we have received. :D

Horses for courses i think.

What did you order and what didnt you like about it? :?

We bought from The Little White Company. Their furniture is expensive but very good quality. As a mum to 2 older ones they have never been allowed to put stickers on any furniture so I had no qualms about spending money on quality furniture that will last for years. We bought 2 matching wardrobes which have small drawers down one side and a hanging side which starts off with shelves and then as the clothes get longer you move and the shelves and eventually remove them altogether. We also bought the bedside cabinet, blanket (toy) box and chest of drawers. 4 years on they are all like new.

http://www.thewhitecompany.com/department.aspx?DepGrpCode=CHD&DepCode=LWCFURN

Shirl their furniture looks great. :D

OH & I didnt want to spend a fortune on Beans bedroom but wanted something which would last them a good few years.

OH dragged me to the Baby Show earlier this year and we couldnt believe that some companies were asking up to £1k for a cot!!! :shock::shock::shock:

I nearly fainted!