Ardene5

The Weather Thread

I am most definately with you Mostin

bah humbug :!:

Thanks Kate,

I love the idea of it all, curled by fire with significant other, glass of mulled wine, snow falling, cat purring, church bells ringing softly across the fields, carols on the radio.

But then....

knock, knock, at the door, FAMILY!!!

I won't even go into the details as this could fill a whole other thread but just let me say that my husbands mother is the eldest of 14! and some factions of his family are still not talking to some of the others due to yellow not being accepted as the answer to Trivial Persuits question "What colour is the centre circle of an archery board?". The correct answer was "gold!" and it was for a piece of pie.

The game has not been played since. :roll:

I had the stove lit last night as it was cold. I hate being cold :(

It's not too clever here today, cool and pouring with rain, mind you, we've not had any rain for ages.

As usual the sun is beating down here in Dorset. :D

Wait............did I say sun?

I meant rain :roll:

Still havent had the heating on - we are great believers in "self insulation" (lots of warm layers outside and a glass of warming red wine inside :wink: )

Cant wait until we get to light the fire though.

I won't even go into the details as this could fill a whole other thread but just let me say that my husbands mother is the eldest of 14! and some factions of his family are still not talking to some of the others due to yellow not being accepted as the answer to Trivial Persuits question "What colour is the centre circle of an archery board?". The correct answer was "gold!" and it was for a piece of pie.

:lol::lol:

I can feel a "My family haven't spoken to each other since...." thread coming on. :D

Ok we'll start tomorrow. I need no encouragement. :D:D:D

Buffie x

Can I join? I am a real Christmasophile too. I even caught myself humming Christmas songs the other day. :oops::oops::oops:

Played some in the car today :P

I'll start the thread tomorrow so join in please :D:D

Buffie x

Ok we'll start tomorrow. I need no encouragement. :D:D:D

Buffie x

Can I join? I am a real Christmasophile too. I even caught myself humming Christmas songs the other day. :oops::oops::oops:

Played some in the car today :P

I'll start the thread tomorrow so join in please :D:D

Buffie x

Don't Buffie; I have a christmas fanatic at work as well, she put up her decoration last week :roll::roll:

I'll be able to start the christmas thread soon

On one of the parenting forums I frequent the Christmas forum has been going for several weeks and :shock: lots of people have finished shopping and wrapped everything! It's making me panic a little, even if my rational head thinks they're completely bonkers!

Jo

On one of the parenting forums I frequent the Christmas forum has been going for several weeks and :shock: lots of people have finished shopping and wrapped everything! It's making me panic a little, even if my rational head thinks they're completely bonkers!

Jo

Totally bonkers :roll:

What if they fall out with the person you have bought for - you will have wasted the paper :shock::lol:

Jo

Totally bonkers :roll:

What if they fall out with the person you have bought for - you will have wasted the paper :shock::lol:

Good point. :D

The only time I ever wrote my Christmas cards in September....two of the recipients were dead by late November.

A waste of 2 perfectly good cards. :?

Anne was right the thread needs to start tomorrow and the bah hum"Ooops, word censored!"s can keep away :lol::lol:

Buffie x

Don't worry, I'll keep away from all the christmas threads, they will only cause me to hyperventilate and panic :lol:

Believe it or not though, I always have evrything bought and wrapped before the 1st Dec just to help me cut down on the stress.

Well as it's a dark cold evening, the chooks are all tucked in, DS and DD all home and DS assuring me that the lounge telly seems to be only showing football :roll: I've retreated to the warmth of my duvet with a cuppa, the forum and the latest Lakeland Catalogues :D:D

Bliss!

Don't let them diddle you out of Holby City though. :D

Compulsive twaddle.

Well as it's a dark cold evening, the chooks are all tucked in, DS and DD all home and DS assuring me that the lounge telly seems to be only showing football :roll: I've retreated to the warmth of my duvet with a cuppa, the forum and the latest Lakeland Catalogues :D:D

Bliss!

Don't let them diddle you out of Holby City though. :D

Compulsive twaddle.

funnily enough, I started watching Holby again a few weeks ago (after a long break) and thanks to the wonder that is sky+ I can watch it in peace and quite later :D:D