Ardene5

The Weather Thread

Hi

Having just watched the weather forecast for the coming week it seems that there is going to be a change in the wind direction and the weather.

Rain & wind is the forecast for the early part of the week but then the Low pressure over the UK will move North East towards Denmark. This means that the wind will move in direction to come from the North and snow is forecast for the Highlands of Scotland.

Does this mean Winter is coming early?

(For anyone interested the wind moves anti clockwise around a Low pressure and clockwise around a High pressure).

So should we all be stocking up on feed and bedding for our girls?

Best regards

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie Dogs

9 Hens

(purple eglu) + (cube purple) + large covered run

I'll be able to start the christmas thread soon :D

Buffie x

yes please :D:D:D:D

Then I can talk about all the things I'm making for pressies and where I've decided to put the tree this year and all the nice decs I've already seen and the books that are coming out soon........... :roll::roll:

i'm going now........... :wink:

tcha! it's not winter until there's snow on the ground :shameonu:

Still haven't turned the central heating on 8)

(wife is going a bit blue though :wink: )

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Do you use a colour chart Mike to know when she's cold enough to warrant heating.

Buffie x :D:lol:

LOL's

We haven't got the heating on here either yet although it was tempting yesterday. I just put more layers on. I think the michelin man look is the way to go this year :lol:

We've got horrendous rain here today and I need to go into town. I'll be looking like a drowned rat :(

This is where the joys of a woodburner are to be found especially when you have loads of off-cut wood stashed away from a builder friend 8)

I think that the only things that people will be buying in the cash strapped winter will be jumpers and lots of them :?

I too love autumn but it is looking a bit more like winter for the next few days.

I can't believe you lot are looking forward to planning.............that word!........already.

I can feel my blood pressure rising at the thought of it. Crowded shops, screaming kids, enforced charades, family wars and arguments (sorry I meant lovely family drinks round the open fire).

Oh my god I'm hyperventilating, must go lay down and think of next years summer holiday to soothe me.

Maybe as I have chickens this year their calming influence will give me the strength to survive my mother and his mother and alcohol in the same room :wall::boohoo:

By the way I do love Autumn but my joy of it is marred by what is looming ahead!

Gosh I hope it is not winter yet! We failed to make hay on our fields this year and I haven't managed to find anyone to sell me any, so I don't know what poor Sam (the horse) will be eating this winter :( .

I'm sure I've seen a hay for sale sign near me - I'll keep my eyes peeled. :wink:

No heating on here yet - we normally manage to go until the last week in November.