Ardene5

The Weather Thread

Lucky you - the sun is so bright here it is showing up all the dusty surfaces and the dust bunnies under the sofa :roll:

You're lucky.....I had a visit from Kate today....and just before she arrived the sun came out :shock: I was praying for it to go behind a cloud....... :?:lol:

Hi

It is nice to hear that the frost are coming.

As it is great caravanning in that type of weather, just ensure the water pipes do not freeze!

I remember a few years ago, a cold night in the caravan, low flame from the gas in the blue bottle so changed to propane red bottle and got the heat up in the tourer.

Moved the water to inside the van and was glad I did as in the morning there had been a very hard frost and the waste water was frozen.

That the fun of caravanning it's even better when it snows!

Best regards

Ian

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 Hens

(purple eglu) + (cube purple) + a large covered run

Absolutely freezin' last night. Had to light the fire again. 8)8)

Cold too this morning, but the heating came on by itself :liar::liar:

Still too dark to let the chickens out :(:(

Will have another mug of tea and catch up before I get ready for Christmas idea shopping :D:D

I have now added a woolley hat to my chicken feeding/watching outfit and wore it for the first time this morning when I let them out. Very Chilly :!: . No wonder they were whittering at me, but I did bring them warm porridge so I think that makes up for it :D

On returning to the car after the Blackpool football match we discovered that the sensor was showing a high of 2 degree at 2.30 p.m.

The Blackpool Football match had an early start today of 12.30 not the usual 3 o clock kick off.

It has not stopped raining / sleeting or hailing since mid afternoon here at Preesall and it is still doing something now. We are very glad we managed to make a large covered walk in run which has opaque pvc sheeting / wire mesh sides.

We have notice there is a weather warning The Midlands of heavy rain so we hope that all hens are safe and well.

Best regards

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 Hens

(purple eglu) + (cube purple) + a large covered walk in run