Ardene5

The Weather Thread

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Spring here, and it's been pretty good so far 8) . We've got a public holiday (Bank Holiday) coming up on Monday, Labour Day, and it's when everyone traditionally plants out their less hardy veggies etc for summer since the risk of frost is pretty much non-existent from now on. I'm only in a rental property still so can't do much planting, but it'd be rude not to put some tomatoes and cucumbers into pots this weekend, then spent the extra day of relaxing in the garden...in the sunshine 8) .

Sorry, but I've never been a winter girl, I like the different seasons in theory, but I'm not into being cold and having to wear loads of layers when you go out and currently I've done 2 winters back to back (3 if you count summer 07 in the UK which was a complete washout), so I'm just loving this lovely warm weather :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spring here, and it's been pretty good so far 8) . We've got a public holiday (Bank Holiday) coming up on Monday, Labour Day, and it's when everyone traditionally plants out their less hardy veggies etc for summer since the risk of frost is pretty much non-existent from now on. I'm only in a rental property still so can't do much planting, but it'd be rude not to put some tomatoes and cucumbers into pots this weekend, then spent the extra day of relaxing in the garden...in the sunshine 8) .

Sorry, but I've never been a winter girl, I like the different seasons in theory, but I'm not into being cold and having to wear loads of layers when you go out and currently I've done 2 winters back to back (3 if you count summer 07 in the UK which was a complete washout), so I'm just loving this lovely warm weather :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are banned until next summer! :notalk:

:wink: Actually you are right to make the most of it now, 2 winters back to back would be horrendous in my book! :anxious:

It's been nice here although a little chilly. Paola, how come your girls went to bed early? I've just come in from tucking the girls in - Cheyenne had her bottom sticking out the door!

They always go to bed early, esp as the days shorten :roll: Strange birds :lol:

It's been nice here although a little chilly. Paola, how come your girls went to bed early? I've just come in from tucking the girls in - Cheyenne had her bottom sticking out the door!

They always go to bed early, esp as the days shorten :roll: Strange birds :lol:

Mine go to bed quie early too, at the first hint of it getting dark, Betty and Henrietta are off to beddy-byes!

You are banned until next summer! :notalk:

:wink:

Errrm, would that be your summer or mine :anxious:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::whistle:

Rain, rain go away, please come back an other day.

As you can tell from the above line just for a change it is raining here in Preesall just glad the hens have the Henian Castle to come out and play in.

It has a caravan light in the castle to prolong their day.

We noticed on the weather forecast that the wind is going to move around and come from the North again.

There were snow showers showing up on the radar late last night.

So the Highlands of Scotland could get snow again soon.

Best regards

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 lonely hens

In The Henian Castle with a (cube purple) inside

Cold here last night but nice sunshine when it got light.

I forgot to cover my pumpkins last night :( They are sitting on a shelf outside the front door behind a trellis against the house to ripen and cure. This area is a daytime suntrap, I am hoping that they have come to no harm :anxious:

Not that I know where I am going to keep them, the summerhouse if full of apples and loads of other stuff all of the sheds are full of wood the greenhouse would be too cold I think. The garage is full of potatoes, I think they might have to put around the house to look decorative but some of them are quite big :?

We had a cold but sunny day yesterday with a good breeze and I managed to get loads of towels dry :D

A light touch of frost this morning, but beautiful now. Sheets in the wash for nice crisp and dry outside (not the cooking oil). The girls went in at 6.15 last night, but much earlier (half and hour or so) if it is rainy and darker. They seem to go 5 minutes earlier each day.

Not long to go before 21st December and summer is coming - for Kate it will be winter coming and we won't be quite so jealous :mrgreen: !!!

'Course frost means I can dig up my few parsnips - before the girls do, and they've had a jolly good try so far!

Christian you are a bit higher than us - and we're on a hill too, so I guess you have the Hampshire mountain air! :D

I can remember going to Kempton Park to see Noel Edmonds and the BBC firework spectacular 19 years ago, dressed in winter walking gear, 2 pairs of thick socks, walking boots, thermals under and over - and still froze. The fireworks were rubbish because something went wrong - but the funfair was good! Since then we have almost been reduced to t-shirts watching the fireworks, so perhaps we'll have a proper cold bonfire night this year.