Ardene5

The Weather Thread

Hi Everyone,

We have wall to wall rain here today if is as if the rain god has left the tap running!!!

Preesall near Blackpool.

Hope it is better else where in the UK.

Best regards

Ian

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 Lovely hens

Henian Castle with (cube purple) inside it.

We are taking a battering :shock::anxious:

Very windy this morning with blue skies and sunshine. got lots of washing dry :D

This afternoon it has got steadily worse. Stood at the kitchen sink earlier and watched the last of the shed roofing felt fly past the window heading East. the wind is howling round every corner of the cottage and down the chimneys. Our trees are bending right over. The wooden garden bench was flipped backwards over a 3ft high picket fence.

I am actually feeling quite anxious as I am here on my own :anxious: I am carrying a torch around with me in case the electricty goes off. The TV in the living room and the kitchen are on as I am trying to drown out the noise of the wind :lol:

The Banties took themselves into the Eglu at 4pm, sensible girls. The thugs :lol: had to be coaxed back into the run about half an hour ago. They stood at the run door screeching to be let out again :roll: . I have weighted down the runs with extras rocks. I do not think the shower curtain covers will last the night :(

Can you believe it, it is pitch black outside and the weather is awful and people are still walking their dogs at the Castle. I've got to go out at 10pm to fetch Jack from work :anxious:

Well the electricity can go off now as my Banana and choc chip cake is cooked :D

Well it has been a great sunny but windy dry this Friday.

Was hoping to go sea fishing this weekend but the weather forecast is rubbish. Gales and heavy rain which means for me that the sea will be boiling with everything stirred up.

Oh well perhaps an other day.

All the best

Ian

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 lovely hens

Henian Castle with (cube purple) inside

Saturday 25 th October

Well here in Preesall near Blackpool it started as a nice day if a little windy.

By about 11 am it as just light rain but by 2 pm it was lashing down and blowing a gale along the west coast.

It was along quiet cold in the wind.

The hens were free ranging early this morning but when it began to rain they put themselves into the Henian Castle grounds were they drank , dined, preened and perched.

Once the light started going the put themselves to bed in their cube which lives inside the covered Henian Castle.

Best regards

Ian

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 lovely hens

Absolutely pouring ALL day.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/7691020.stm

Kept hens in.

Better forecast for tomorrow but expecting snow next week Brrrrrrrrrrrr

If the forecast for next week is correct then Winter is coming early!!!

Our hens will be in their Henian Castle

Best regards

Ian

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 lovely hens

Henian Castle with (cube purple) inside and because of a water logged garden a moat!

I'm visiting my Mum in Anglesey and we had vile weather yesterday - I'm glad it has moved over you way Christian! :wink:

We could hardly stand in the winds yesterday - the wind has dropped overnight and the sun is peeping through.

I'm off to see how many of the (near 400) steps down to South Stack Lighthouse I can manage today. I haven't been able to do the whole lot since I hurt my knee 7 years ago......last year I went half way and this year I want to do them all :D

Hi Everyone

What a funny old day as regards the weather as here in Preesall near Blackpool we must have had most of the seasons in one day!!!!

Rain with warm temperatures, Hail with cooler temperatures, Sunshine but a cold wind.

Rain bows, flooded roads then dry roads, no rain. No fog yet, or sleet or snow ...........

But tonight the temperature is forecast to be Minus 1 ....... pardon!!!!!

Yes the central heating is on and the blinds and curtains are closed so roll on Winter we are ready for you .......... we think...(not).

Hope everyone has got their anti freeze in the radiators, de ice at the ready, chains for the tyres, snow shover at the ready, blanket for the car screen and de ice for the lock.

Have you got food for your hens, dogs , cats and yourselves sorted?

So where ever you are is the UK I hope you are prepared for what ever Winter throws at us.

Best regards

Ian

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 lovely hens

So where ever you are is the UK I hope you are prepared for what ever Winter throws at us.

I made my preparations for coping with the UK winter back in June :wink::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Managed to get myself slightly surnburnt yesterday whilst eating lunch in the back garden .....I underestimated the strength of the sun, so now it's slapping on the suncream each time I go out.

Sounds like this coming winter could be a bad one for you all...I can't quite get my head round Claret getting snow in October, especially since I well remember having deep snow in April this year as well. Take care all of you, keep warm and dry and stay safe in any rotten weather conditions :D .

Well its hailing here now the sky is very white. One chicken is hiding under the slide and the other one is hiding under the slatted garden furniture and looks a bit grumpy i'm not letting her in the house! its so cold have invested in a thermal vest this morning as trying NOT to put the heating on. The boiler is being serviced on fri ohhh i do hope they dont condemm it!

Cam

(green eglu)

GNR mya

(white chicken) velma