Ardene5

The Weather Thread

Hi

The way our weeks are going it is more like having all the seasons ,that is Spring, Summer,

Autumn and Winter in a four day cycle as no 2 days are the same.

Has anyone else notice this?

Best regards

Ian

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 lovely hens

All in The Henian Castle with (cube purple) inside it.

Would describe today an Autumn Day it is getting colder but no frost here yet as there is a strong wind.

How is the rest of Britain?

Best regards

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 lovely hens

The Henian Castle with a (cube purple) inside

Lovely day here, but cold and blustery. Trying not to succomb to putting the heating on, but I'm full of a cold and in no mood to get active to keep warm :?

In fact the phone rang so I had to get up just then - so now the heating is on and I've got myself a hot water bottle!! :lol:

Last two days have seen torrential rain and wind.

Chooks have looked like drowned rats, the garden is a mire and the whole worlds leaves seem to have settled in it.

But today has been sunny, hens are stretched out in the warmth and I have spent an hour this morning watching the salmon run the Kent at Staveley weir. Wonderful :lol::lol:

Winter has arrived :shock:

Terrific gales on Sunday and Monday, which resulted in us losing the roofing felt on the workshop for the 3rd time since Andy built it in August. Also lost the roof from a plastic shed, I am still looking for that :lol: this will be the first of many gales until the Spring.

Today it is freezing cold, the outside thermometer is reading - 1.9OC at the moment. We have just had another storm of hail, sleet and a few snowflakes :shock: , which started to settle on the lane. The sky was a mixture of black, green and purpley clouds. The electricity has been a bit dodgy today so I have put a torch in every room just in case.

Of course the Yorkshire girls took no notice of the storm and continued to wander about the field. I left them to it :lol:

A tiny bit of me hopes we will get snowed in this Winter. Just for a day would do, it would be fun :P

Fire laid and ready to light :P

Oh My, Ali! And there was me complaining about the temperature here. Beautiful all day today, blue skies but it is going to be cold. Forecast of 1c overnight. Brrrrr

I too have the fire ready to light. Girls have had their porridge for the evening. Just waiting for them to go to bed, then will lock 'em up and head back inside.

A tiny bit of me hopes we will get snowed in this Winter. Just for a day would do, it would be fun :P

I pray for this every year and it never happens :(:( Think I should move to Scotland :D:D

Bit of a long commute to Heathrow though :(:wink:

Oh my goodness :shock: that sounds awful.

:D

:lol::lol: You get used to it. when we first moved up here I hated the Winter weather especially the wind.

Outside thermometer dropping, it is now - 2.4 oc. It gonna be cold tonight :!:

The Yorkshire girls are still in the field, chasing a couple of Herons :shock: It is getting very dark too, suppose I had better brave the cold and call them home.

Outside thermometer dropping, it is now - 2.4 oc. It gonna be cold tonight :!:

The Yorkshire girls are still in the field, chasing a couple of Herons :shock: It is getting very dark too, suppose I had better brave the cold and call them home.

*brrrrrrrrrr* :shock:

Your Yorkshire girls sound lovely :D My girls took themselves to bed ages ago :roll: