Making the tea tonight, I opened the cupboard in my kitchen where I keep my vegetables.

This was looking out at me :shock: .

2885212434_d37726f64f.jpg

Oscar had made a lovely little nest out of the brown paper bags my veg are stored in and had been snacking on my turnips :shock: .

Part of his cage had been left open (no-one's fault, it's a design fault, I reckon :evil: ). He'd made his way down off the piano, down the sofa across the floor to the kitchen and I can only imagine went down the side of the washing machine and through a hole where the pipes go :shock: .

Thank goodness we were having carrots for tea tonight :? .

We had hamsters when I was little, and when I went to uni, I decided mum and dad would miss me so I bought them a hamster and new cage....they adored her and spoiled her rotten - she was called Rosie....I think a lot of the cages have loose catches and Rosie managed to get out one night....she ate through mum and dad's amazingly patterned 70s carpet in the corner of the lounge and got down through the floorboards under the room....they were really worried about her and decided to leave some water in a bowl in the cage, hoping she'd come out for water....one night, dad got up in the middle of the night after about 5 days and she was in the cage, drinking and all quivery! She was absolutely black from being under the floor, and I remember dad trying to scrub her feet in the kitchen sink, it was so funny!!

They are such lovely pets! Yours is a cutey! :wink:

They are so naughty,aren't they?

When Hubby & I first lived togather we had a hamster & he escaped one day.

We couldn't find him for ages & ages,but eventually found him under our bed,upstairs 9the cages was downstairs).

he had chewed the carpet into fluff for a nest &, get this,had been back downstairs to collect 6 large walnuts from our nut bowl & taken them up to his nest.

he had also been into the kitchen & started to chew through the fridge lead ,which caused it to short out a ouple of weeks later,meaning all the food was spoiled :roll:

My cousin had a gerbil and it disappeared behind their gasfire, so my uncle had to dismantle the whole thing....it took him hour but the gerbil was nowhere to be seen. When he turned around it was on the sofa, watching him! :shock::wink:

I can just imagine the look on his face :shock::lol::lol:

The uncle or the gerbil :lol::lol::wink:

My cousin had a gerbil and it disappeared behind their gasfire, so my uncle had to dismantle the whole thing....it took him hour but the gerbil was nowhere to be seen. When he turned around it was on the sofa, watching him! :shock::wink:

I can just imagine the look on his face :shock::lol::lol:

The uncle or the gerbil :lol::lol::wink:

I can picture the gerbil behind sitting with Clootie's avatar expression on his face, chewing. :lol:

I used to keep a group of four female gerbils in a big glass tank in my classroom.

They were lovely friendly little girls, they used to come out for cuddles and were looked after by my tutor group. They usualy sat at the side of the room chewing while lessons went on, just like Omletina's cousin's gerbil.

One day one of them turned out to be not a girl and the lesson was stopped in its tracks by him getting very intimate with one of the others :shock::oops: .

When not one but three litters of babies arrived soon afterwards I realised this must have gone on for some time. It took a major effort to home all the babies!