sandyhas3chucks

twitching her head all the time

Hi all, seem to be here a lot! :(

My rescued girl (who is at the present doing the weird egg things) is also twitching her head a lot, I have been watching her for a while now, as thought perhaps my imagination, but its not :( the others don't do it. It is Like she keeps flicking something of her head. a quick flick flick. This is also the one that had a punctured neck when I got her, and apart from this egg thing, has been fine since it healed. :? I seem to recall reading of a hen with an absess in it's throat, do you think I should pop her to a vet? Or is this alone a sign of gape worm?

One of my bluebelles used to twitch her head as if she had something in her ear. Apart from that she was healthy, eating and laying eggs so I didn't worry about it.

She stopped doing it after two or three weeks. Probably just a chicken thing - although my mother-in-law twitches her head in similar fashion. :shock:

Hey sorry to bother but my little chick is twitching her head all of a sudden well she got attacked by a possum in her coop and I think it broke her leg and maybe a wing but she had her eyes closed for like 2 days and she when she opened them she had a little bit of a cognitive disorder I thought she had brain damage but she seems to be fine now she's eating and everything fine but now this twitching started it's like she's like I don't know can somebody help me please maybe tell me if it's serious