Any good ideas on how to get rid of these in the run???

I have a big lovely covered run for my girls. Nice and dry in there, but on sunny days it's overrun with flies. We're going away next week and my neighbour is going to look after the girls. I'm just worried about what she'll think if she goes in there and there's hoards of flies everywhere. Anything I should do??? or just something we have to put up with?

Last year I used a Red top Fly Trap which was brilliant but a little smelly if you got to close to it.

Kleeneeze have a smiliar fly trap to the red top for sale and I think they worked out a bit cheaper. the price was for two fly traps.

We got a fly trap last Tuesday which was supposed to last for about 3 months. We had to take it to the dump today because of the smell and it was full of flies - I would say several thousand!!! It has certainly lessened the number of green bottles in our garden. It is the hot weather causing the problem - our neighbours have loads of flies in their garden in the hedge- they dont have chickens. We worry the neighbours will think the chickens are the cause of the flies.