Redwing Posted November 11, 2008 Share Posted November 11, 2008 You are lucky yes! they look lovely Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted November 11, 2008 Share Posted November 11, 2008 They are so gorgeous, oooohh I want to cuddle them . Thanks for posting the pics. Hope you've had a wonderful day xxx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
welsh sarah Posted November 11, 2008 Share Posted November 11, 2008 lovely girls plum i know you will womder what you did without them you do know they are addictive dont you sarah Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Milly Posted November 11, 2008 Share Posted November 11, 2008 Soon you'll be using your own eggs to bake a cake. No, soon you will be asking "when are they ever going to lay an egg?" Good luck, I'm sure you will enjoy them all the more after the long wait. Milly Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 11, 2008 Author Share Posted November 11, 2008 Aw thanks, Here's a clip my son put on YouTube of their first hesitant steps outside. Just turn the sound off first http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HtUI0MIil2I Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted November 11, 2008 Share Posted November 11, 2008 I expected you to start shouting at Pigeon for pecking your cube! I loved your sympathetic reaction to Sparrow falling off the ladder - meanie mum!! (I laughed too) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted November 11, 2008 Share Posted November 11, 2008 Congrats Be warned though....they are huuuuuuge time wasters, you can never "just pop out to the shed".....you can't ignore tham! - even in a howling gale you have to stop and chat! Louise Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
laurmurf Posted November 11, 2008 Share Posted November 11, 2008 Oh Plum - I love your video on youtube! It was so nice to witness their 'first steps', I feel like an aunty! What lovely names your girlies have too.... sigh, new chicken love. I've gone all broody! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 11, 2008 Author Share Posted November 11, 2008 The original Pigeon and Grackle can you see the likeness Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 12, 2008 Share Posted November 12, 2008 Loved the video clip. Great commentary. They are lovely girls. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
alih Posted November 12, 2008 Share Posted November 12, 2008 aren't they lovely? The steps never lose their comedy value! Plum, I hope you are as pleased with your lilac cube as i am with mine - your girls are beautiful and I'm sure you will enjoy them! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 12, 2008 Author Share Posted November 12, 2008 Went to get them up this morning and broke the cube! Couldn't open the door decided I must have unhooked the mechanism. So with OH help lifted them from the nest box and posted them into the run. Took the top off and couldn't work out how to fix it. Took some photos for you. Then OH walked round and showed me how to open the door properly. Cant believe it after all the time I've spent on here. Girls made up for it by going up and down the ladder again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted November 12, 2008 Share Posted November 12, 2008 Great photos and your cube looks and the girls are lovely. I especially like Pigeon as I had a budgie called Pigeon Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
beach chick Posted November 12, 2008 Share Posted November 12, 2008 so THAT'S how they do the ladder! lovely girls, lovely cube - cant wait for my now - only 2 weeks to go... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 12, 2008 Author Share Posted November 12, 2008 Oops ordered extention. They are so sweet. Bedtime and Grackle goes up and down the ladder cooing. Pigeon sits in the door and the others squeeze under her legs or climb over her. So funny. Then they are all inside cooing. Are they supposed to coo or have I really got a pigeon? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted November 12, 2008 Share Posted November 12, 2008 So cute, love Sparrows ladylike exit from the cube . Mine coo quite abit. I'm sure they don't know what they are sometimes. Dolly quacks like a duck and Lillian purrs really loudly like a cat when she's laying an egg . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
freespiritbutterfly Posted November 12, 2008 Share Posted November 12, 2008 Congrats Plum on your new arrivals, love the names. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 12, 2008 Author Share Posted November 12, 2008 Thanks Dolly quacks like a duck and Lillian purrs really loudly like a cat when she's laying an egg . Sounds like a common phenomenon then. Wonder if any bark? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HENthusiastic Posted November 13, 2008 Share Posted November 13, 2008 I couldn't see the video. My stupid internet connection is too slow. It took me about 5 minutes for it to progress far enough to just see Pigeon pecking at the cube! How cute. They are lovely girls Plum, and lovely names. I have a girl similar to Grackle. Mine is called Henriette, but I have to say Grackle would have suited her very well indeed! Do you work? Hope you have got a lovely long time at home with them, enjoying their first days with you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 13, 2008 Author Share Posted November 13, 2008 Henriette is a good name. Bless her. Yes unfortunately I do work back tomorrow but off over weekend so hope its fine. I had days off this week to get an assignment written as well but have spent all my time in the garden or at B&Q. Am going to use a bit of discipline this afternoon. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HENthusiastic Posted November 13, 2008 Share Posted November 13, 2008 Discipline?? Discipline?? Assignment??? What on earth are you talking about Plum??? you are a new chicken mummy! None of that matters any more. You will have to get an extension on your assignment on the grounds that you are suffering from an acute case of chickenitus. Now stop being so daft and get back in that garden! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 13, 2008 Author Share Posted November 13, 2008 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
beach chick Posted November 13, 2008 Share Posted November 13, 2008 extension sounds like a jolly good idea, both for the run and the assignment!!! this forum is what lures me away from work... so easy just to click (or should that be cluck) on and see who's saying what rather than tackle the next task!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pistachio Posted November 13, 2008 Share Posted November 13, 2008 ace! congratulations plum - can't wait for pictures and names. Lilac cube - nice choice Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MitchB Posted November 13, 2008 Share Posted November 13, 2008 Glad to see I'm not the only one to order an extension straight away!! Plum they all look fab!! Looking forward to more updates on their antics. Love the , unfortunately Hubby was around when I ordered our cube so ended up with the very masculine instead. Have loads of fun getting to know your girls. My Boss reckons the way I go on about me girls at work I could be a poet . I did say I was trying to convert all the uninitiated out there. Now when I get in to work, I get asked any eggs yet or are they still freeloading? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...