Angels4

This may lose something in the translation.................

But you know that noise you make when you call your cat? Tut, tut, tut....here kitty, kitty, kitty. Today our big tom Ray was walking by the run and I swear one of the girls made that sound...Ray even heard it and turned around to walk back up to the run, as soon as he got close enough the girls puffed themselfs up real big and screeched at him. He ran off with his tail between his legs. It was if the girls were taunting him. Wish I had a video camera!! :doh:

you mean that sort of kissing noise? :oops: (surely everyone does this to their cats?)

I don't think even that would tempt my cat near the run. If he comes out of the cat-flap and sees a loose chicken, he usually heads back in. That's very funny though - do you think the chickens are deliberately teasing him?

chickens can be great mimics! :D

Ginger I (RIP) was always up top no good and I always said "ah ah ah!" as a warning then one day I said it and she turned round to me and did it back... :?

people don't believe me but our Irish chickens were great talkers - especially the goooooooooooodniiiiiiiiight bit when I put them to bed - it fascinated OH

when our JRT attacked a chook we put it in a basket next to the radiator in our bedroom... next morning there were 5 anxious girls asking after her so we let her out whereupon she told them everything :oops:

ever been gossiped about by hens?

chooOOOk bok bok!

You'll never guess how they roost

she was up and down all night

he makes a funny noise all night

chooOOOk bok bok!

chooks have a great sense of the ridiculous - they really made fun of Fred Bassett when he was small - he couldn't run well and kept falling over his ears - that got them cackling! "Call that a dog?" they'd yell...

our cat, George, says "Ooh NOOOOOOOOOO!" when he comes in the house and I swear he stands at the door and says "out",

then there was William who called "Mum!" when he wanted me - George has lately started that one too...

:lol:

I had a cat when I was young - Fluff - who would come in and call 'ello?

Marmite used a particular call for the same purpose (sort of a prrrrooowwwp?) but it never sounded quite like Fluff's!

My chickens haven't started talking yet but the local starlings do a very convincing siren impression and I swear one of them wolf-whistled at me at the weekend. OH thinks I am flattering myself :wink:

We have a hen who purrs at one of our cats as she walks past the netting. :shock::lol:

I haven't heard the noise before and it seems to be reserved just for the one cat.

Angelica Beau was rescued from a farm as a tiny kitten and has bonded more with chickens than the other cats who are mostly terrified of the hens :roll:

She often sits on the cube roof just watching the hens and rolls around on the grass when they free range.

There must be some kind of mutual farm association I guess :wink::lol:

My chickens haven't started talking yet but the local starlings do a very convincing siren impression and I swear one of them wolf-whistled at me at the weekend. OH thinks I am flattering myself :wink:

:lol::lol::lol: what does he know?

this house has a long garden and the fruit and veg patch has always been at the other end

when we first moved in here I would be at the top, just getting in to the digging or whatever when I'd hear our phone ring

so I'd run all the way back to the house and the phone would be silent...

so I'd walk all way the back to the end of the garden and the phone would ring...

it was a particularly distinctive tone so I knew it was ours

this went on for weeks... but only when I was at the top of the garden, never when I was in the house

:think::wall:

it was starlings and I swear they were laughing