dancing cloud

Celebrating! A year ago this weekend ...

A year ago this weekend I adopted my lovely Loki-cat from the local sanctuary, and I'm feeling the need to share the celebrating! :D

I wanted a companion for middle-aged spoiled princess Tubby Puddy and thought she'd feel least threatened by a young male cat so, having passed the interrogation process, off I went to the shelter to meet a particular cat they thought would fit the bill. That cat left me in no doubt that I was not the special person he wanted (they arrived and adopted him two weeks later) and so I got to meet every other potential adoptee the shelter had. Once they'd decided I was fit to have a cat, I wasn't getting out of there without one! :shock:

While I was kneeling on the floor chatting to the cats generally, one of them walked on to my knee, looked at me like I was the most wonderful thing he'd ever seen, curled up in my arms and went to sleep, purring all the while. I was taken to see other cats and came back to see this one, and he did exactly the same thing again, this time trying to snuggle under my coat. I had been chosen! (or, as someone at work put it, I'd got my coat and I'd pulled :lol: )

Named Loki by me, after the Norse god of mischief, he's about two years old now and a gorgeous gentle boy, with the sweetest nature, who still enjoys his cuddles. He adored Tubby Puddy on sight (it wasn't mutual :evil: ) and loved his hens when they arrived in May :D . He spent a lot of the summer just hanging out with them in the garden, and now he sits on the windowsill in the kitchen and watches them in their yard until it's playing-out time.

I'll never know why someone gave him up (the form just said "unable to care for him"), but I'm very grateful to them they did and that they took him to the shelter for adoption :D

Here's Loki playing hide and seek with Dandelion in summer PICT0985-1.jpg

And here he is, just being himself :D

PICT0953-1.jpg