feemcg

I want my ckickens - NOW!

Hi folks, after reading up for the last few weeks and getting some great info on here I've taken the plunge and ordered an eglu. I spent most of today phoning several suppliers trying to source my chickens - which are hard to come by in my neck of the woods. I had a short list of hybrids I fancied and eventually 'reserved' a Bluebell, a Speckledy and a Black. I told the chap I'd call him back during the week to tell him of my eglu delivery date. The girls are 19/20 weeks just now so I hope I don't need to wait too long. I tried calling today but I think its a holiday - I'd just like a rough idea as if I'm not getting the eglu for 4 weeks I'll go and buy an ark in the meantime just to get the girls before they get much older. Does anyone know the average delivery time - as you can tell I have NO patience and I'm so excited! Regards, Fee

It can be sooo frustrating waiting, can't it!! :? I'm afraid I don't know how long you have to wait for a new eglu as I got mine second hand. I'm sure people will be on tomorrow to advise you. Always worth giving the Omlet guys a ring in the morning for an update on delivery schedules. I imagine they are used to excited expectant chicken owners!! :lol: The wait will all seem worth it when you finally get the eglu and chickens in place.

You've chosen some lovely breeds to start off your flock. :D You do realise as soon as they arrive, we'll all be badgering you for photos!! :wink: Do keep us posted.

:lol: Yes, I would def. ring Omlet & explain your situation. For the sake of a few days, I wouldn't be tempted by a wooden ark instead though.

I was originally waiting on an ark and found the Eglu meantime, and I'm so pleased with it.

Although I ordered on line, I did then ring Omlet to discuss dates, they're very helpful and obliging.

Do tell us what happens, and pop along here to the forum while you're waiting! :D

Thanks for your replies everyone. I've just called omlet and paid an extra £8 for next day delivery-so I'm getting the eglu tomorrow! Can't believe it - I'm sure Simon thought I was some hysterical idiot! Right , need to rush out and buy feed etc. Way,hay - I'm getting CHICKENS!