mostin Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 I don't get it . Can you PM me someone . Me neither Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aunty e Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 If google Enoch Powell, the second or third hit on the list should help Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 ... it's the title of a famous speech he made ... sorry, I am chuckling so much I'm going to get told off by my boss in a minute! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 His most famous speech in fact - a truly great orator whether you agree with his beliefs or not. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 oh no, the penny just dropped here! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 If google Enoch Powell, the second or third hit on the list should help Giggling away to myself now, thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yorkshire Pudding Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 Another cup of tea over the laptop! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 13, 2009 Share Posted February 13, 2009 Eeeeeuuuuuwwwww (I'm glad I wasn't the only one not to get that straight away ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted February 13, 2009 Share Posted February 13, 2009 I thought it was rhyming slang, you know like "it all went a bit Pete Tong" I was trying to work out what rhymed with Powell; foul, fowl, howl, bowel etc Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 13, 2009 Share Posted February 13, 2009 That's what I was doing too . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted February 13, 2009 Share Posted February 13, 2009 I had to google too Good description Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted February 16, 2009 Share Posted February 16, 2009 OK I just googled couldn't help myself, because I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the speech, should have been obvious really Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted February 17, 2009 Share Posted February 17, 2009 (sorry! - at 54 I can now laugh at it....a whole year now without having to think about it at all ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 17, 2009 Share Posted February 17, 2009 At school last week one boy who obviously thinks he's a bit clever, decided, during a rant by the Art teacher, to "insult" her by saying *big cough to camouflage* "time of the month". He got hauled off to the AHT, but we all had a bit of a laugh once he'd gone. The Art teacher is 63 . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yorkshire Pudding Posted February 17, 2009 Share Posted February 17, 2009 At school last week one boy who obviously thinks he's a bit clever, decided, during a rant by the Art teacher, to "insult" her by saying *big cough to camouflage* "time of the month". He got hauled off to the AHT, but we all had a bit of a laugh once he'd gone. The Art teacher is 63 :lol: . As if rants don't happen at any other time of the month. GRR. I hope he realised later on what a numpty he'd been. I love it when kids are trying to be smart and they trip themselves up like that! I once had a kid say something similar when I gave him a dressing-down - I was 6 months pregnant. Every girl in the class turned on him in amazement and he looked so sheepish afterwards. I didn't need to say a word. He was marched off the the Head of Year and apologised later. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted February 17, 2009 Share Posted February 17, 2009 At school last week one boy who obviously thinks he's a bit clever, decided, during a rant by the Art teacher, to "insult" her by saying *big cough to camouflage* "time of the month". He got hauled off to the AHT, but we all had a bit of a laugh once he'd gone. The Art teacher is 63 . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aunty e Posted February 17, 2009 Share Posted February 17, 2009 Although of course I am now incapable of a moderate response to anything, and far worse than I ever was when it was that time of the month. I just ranted and cried for two hours because the sky man didn't turn up to fix my dish. Not one person warned me pregnancy would be like my worst bout of PMT ever, multiplied by ten and lasting nine months or that I would get spots mutter mutter mutter Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 17, 2009 Share Posted February 17, 2009 Don't worry E, you'll feel better soon and get to that time when you feel fantastic. I realy don't miss the periods at all TBH, the hormonal bit is still there, but gets less over time and those ghastly hot flushes have stopped. My daughter will be next! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted February 18, 2009 Share Posted February 18, 2009 If only we could save our daughters My eldest suffers and my youngest is already in a tizzy about when and where it will all start. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted February 18, 2009 Share Posted February 18, 2009 Although of course I am now incapable of a moderate response to anything, and far worse than I ever was when it was that time of the month. I just ranted and cried for two hours because the sky man didn't turn up to fix my dish. Not one person warned me pregnancy would be like my worst bout of PMT ever, multiplied by ten and lasting nine months or that I would get spots mutter mutter mutter Oooh, no it doesn't last the whole 9 months Hon! Before you know it you'll be the complete opposite - so laid back you're horizontal and everything will just go right over your head! Natures way of preparing us for the 'joys' of parenthood! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 18, 2009 Share Posted February 18, 2009 I used to call it nature's mogadon! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jenuk99 Posted February 19, 2009 Share Posted February 19, 2009 I have been reading this thread and the older one and think its great and am very interested to try it. So I have been looking on the net to buy one and found that there are loads to choose from. I found Mooncup (obviously) Divacup Femmecup Instead Keeper Ladycup (also come in different colours) Lunette Miacup What I want to know is whats best as they vary in price and also what size as that does vary as well. I am 30 and have no children so which size do you recommend? Thanks in advance for your help Jen Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted February 19, 2009 Share Posted February 19, 2009 Hm, I hadn't realised there were several different makes! Looking at them, Instead appears to be a disposable diaphragm so not quite the same, and Keeper is the original version of Mooncup made with latex rubber. The others all look pretty much the same! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted February 19, 2009 Share Posted February 19, 2009 (sorry! - at 54 I can now laugh at it....a whole year now without having to think about it at all ) At 54 I was the same and after 20 months it came with a vengeance again for a week and only discovered recently that it was a Polyp - do not under any circumstance ladies fail to report to the doctor if you bleed a year after the last one. I failed to do so and only now 3 months later have had it removed and the threat of hysterectomy was looming on monday if things did not go well but they did!. I also had it biopsied 2 weeks ago and thankfully it was ok. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SAB Posted February 19, 2009 Share Posted February 19, 2009 [do not under any circumstance ladies fail to report to the doctor if you bleed a year after the last one. I failed to do so and only now 3 months later have had it removed and the threat of hysterectomy was looming on monday if things did not go well but they did!. I also had it biopsied 2 weeks ago and thankfully it was ok. Thanks for giving us the warning SusanK and so glad that all is well with you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...