Scrambled

Only a few hours to go...

I am staring at the clock now as there is only a few hours before I will be the proud owner of an eglu and 2 chooks. I can't believe how excited I am (honestly, a grown man getting excited over chickens!!). Last night I was sitting there like it was Christmas Eve and I was 7 again!

Also can't wait to see the our childrens faces when they get home from school. I have been threatening chickens for the last couple of years, but they don't know that I have finally been allowed to get them (hen pecked in more ways than one...)

Anyone know a way of making time go faster?

Tris

poor you, I was exactly the same a week ago today, I was up looking out the window every 5 minutes.

It will be fantastic when it comes, the eglu is bigger in real life, have a great time when it comes.

keeping chickens is fab, it certainly opens your eyes to how chickens really are (they have funny personalities) and I talk to mine :lol:

just been out and cleaned mine with the power hose - its so easy to keep clean too!

have fun :D

poor you, I was exactly the same a week ago today, I was up looking out the window every 5 minutes.

It will be fantastic when it comes, the eglu is bigger in real life, have a great time when it comes.

keeping chickens is fab, it certainly opens your eyes to how chickens really are (they have funny personalities) and I talk to mine :lol:

just been out and cleaned mine with the power hose - its so easy to keep clean too!

have fun :D

You're not kidding - I was shocked at how huge it was when it arrived!

I was just the same. I jumped up and down a lot, and made clucking noises every time I passed my OH in the house, much to his amusement - the time just flew by (but then, mine did arrive at 10am...) 8)

No, not here yet, despite my constant staring at the street!

I did originally order one of pepperpot and gingernut, but given the lack of those we have a bluebelle and snowbell (or snowball) coming along now. I think a nice white hen will look just right in our garden!

Just checked again. Still no sign :boohoo:

No, not here yet, despite my constant staring at the street!

I did originally order one of pepperpot and gingernut, but given the lack of those we have a bluebelle and snowbell (or snowball) coming along now. I think a nice white hen will look just right in our garden!

Just checked again. Still no sign :boohoo:

My (white chicken) is beautiful... but she got poop up her wing the first day we had her :roll:

THEY'RE HERE!!!!

Omlet man has just left (forgot to get his name in my excitement!). They have just found the food, and are happily tucking in. The Sussex star (I think she will be snowy or something equally unoriginal) has already scratched me to show whose boss while getting her wings clipped.

Have to work this afternoon, but just want to sit and stare. Time for that this evening I think...

Yipeeeeeee!

THEY'RE HERE!!!!

Omlet man has just left (forgot to get his name in my excitement!). They have just found the food, and are happily tucking in. The Sussex star (I think she will be snowy or something equally unoriginal) has already scratched me to show whose boss while getting her wings clipped.

Have to work this afternoon, but just want to sit and stare. Time for that this evening I think...

Yipeeeeeee!

Yay!!

:lol: I forgot to get the Omlet Guy's name too - he's probably used to it ;)

Isn't it lovely holding your chickens for the first time, scratchy or not? I held Molly (the Speckly) when she had her wings clipped, and my OH held the Sussex Star (Millie). I was surprised at how soft they are! :D

Photos, we want photos! :o

Yeah, I loved holding them. To be honest, I had expected them to be a bit more unwilling, but both were absolutely fine (bar the scratching, but I'll let them off that one!).

I've managed to get a photo of them looking around the run so far:

chickens_first_day.jpg

Awwwwwww :D The bluebelle is a really beautiful shade of grey :)

(gosh, I didnt realise how grubby my eglu is in comparison! :shock: )

Snowy is quite gingery really (you can't really tell from the pictures). From a distance, you wouldn't even say she was white. Hmmmm, maybe the name snowy isn't the best!!

The bluebelle seems to be quite content - she's fed and watered and is now sitting down looking at everything. Now, just have to think some names...

Mixed! My daughter (who is 4) was so happy and has been out there every moment she can to have a look at them. My son (9) wasn't so, but I think that may be more down to the temporary ban on football in the garden while they get used to their new surroundings.

I know he'll come round (I've spotted him looking at them!) soon. They've helped with the names as well Snowy is now called Daisy and the bluebelle is Molly - it took a while to come to that agreement!!!