ouzel

WOOHOO!!!

My chicken supplier called last night to tell me she has my hens. :dance:

I've got waiting for me a Bluebelle, speckled star and white star. they already have names... Fred, Flo and Gilly after my Grandad Nan and Mum!!! Not quite sure who's getting what name yet I need to see there faces first :)

Now I have one small problem, we live about a 2 1/2 hour drive from her, we were planning on going down to her next saturday but she's offered to drop them off here mid week as she's out this way. Only thing is our Eglu's not due to arrive until Thursday/Friday. Do I leave the offer and pick them up as planned of will they be ok in a rabbit hutch and make shift run until the eglu arrives?

I think maybe i should try to be patient and go and pick them up once we have the eglu, but I've always been naff at that patience lark :oops:

Chookiehen, Thank you so much for recommending Paula, this is who we used and she's lovely. Sadly her orpington cockeral died earlier this year, she's devestated as she said she's not having much luck at all with her buff Orpingtons. :cry:

Anway WOOHOO, I've got chickens :D:D:D

Congratulations on your eglu and chickens you will love them to bits.The eglu is so easy to clean as l have wooden and an eglu l will soon get another eglu as l hate cleaning my wooden coop.Any way l would thought it was better that the eglu came first so they can settle straight in to there new home and also its cleaning out the hutch more messing about trust me.Saturday will soon be here and its something to look forward to.Let us know how they settle but l must warn you youl soon want more.May be even rescue some ex batterys like ive just done ie wooden coop.Enjoy your new little girls

(green eglu)(Bluebelle) bluebell (Bluebelle) ruby GNR marmalaid

exbattery girls GNR millie GNR honey GNR cookie

I'd take her up on the offer of driving them down for you. That way you won't have to drive them back for 2 and half hours-as chickens aren't fun to transport for that amount of time. You could use the rabbit hutch as a make-shift coop, that will be fine then move them in to the eglu as soon as it's sorted.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would absolutely take Paula up on the offer - her cottage is slightly off the beaten track, and is a bit of a pain to find the first time (she nearly had to come out and rescue us from her nearest village, when we got totally lost, and the car engine started to over-heat the first time we went!), so although it is well worth a trip to see all her beautiful hens, it would definately be easier for her to drop them!

Why don't you phone Omlet on Monday and see if there is any way it can be delivered earlier - I'm sure someone else did that recently, I think they had to pay a bit extra in postage, but it would probably be worth it!

Just to get you excited:

217756795_8d34741bf4.jpg

My two newest Bluebelles, Hunney and Darling - we got them from Paula about a month ago!

:D:D:D:D

Thanks! They were a bit baldy in that photo - we had just got them home from Paulas, where sadly they had been bottom of the pecking order. I'm pleased to report that their feathers are nearly all grown back now!

Hi there. As Shona said you could pay a wee bit extra for next day delivery. I ordered my eglu on the Saturday night (3 weeks ago!) By the Monday I was too excited, on the Tuesday phoned Omlet, paid for my order + an extra £8, Eglu delivered at 4pm on Wednesday, Chickens collected and in eglu by 9pm! Yes, I have NO patience!

:D:D:D

The tar can be a bit messy, can't it?! When my Belle had to have an application of tar, she managed to spread it over the rest of them within a couple of hours - what a mess everything was -still, it does the job!