Lesley

Chocolate Truffles

Lesley...it's chocolate (white, milk, dark ),double cream, sugar, glucose and butter to make your ganache, then rolled in icing sugar or cocoa and dipped in chocolate. I'm still struggling with tempering the chocolate because i don't want to buy a heat pad, i've have a accurate thermometer, i just can't hold it at the right temp whilst dipping. Any ideas :?:

Anne

.....and it does!! :wink:

I have been having a bite sized piece every day - and I mean 'bite-size'

I bite a bit off it everyday, leaving teeth marks in it - that way, no-one else pinches it :lol:

It is still absolutely fine. It has been frozen for 3 weeks, defrosted and then kept in the fridge for 2 weeks.

I will make my Christmas batch in mid December and keep it in the fridge - then the finishing off can be done at the last minute.

Lesley

I made a batch of your choc trufles at the weekend and they tasted fab

We had two each and the rest I have frozen and will make up as gifts for friends (Dan was very impressed, I let him lick the spoon that I had used for the Baileys) :roll:

I have also passed on the recipe to a friend at work who is going to make some for her mum and sister

Made them! 8)

They are so easy! Might need to fiddle with the ingredients now I've tried them. I used 50/50 milk and plain choc but found them a bit bitter. I used tesco organic chocolate (bit cheaper than G & Bs :oops: ) and brandy. Can't really taste the alcohol either. Will try more choc next time and maybe a stronger flavoured liqueur. Maybe dip them in white chocolate as well! The variations are endless!