Lesley

Chocolate Truffles

As requested by Martin

Chocolate Truffles

450g of good quality chocolate - I use Green and Blacks - half plain, half milk.

275 ml Double Cream

3tbsp of alcohol of your choice - or orange juice and grated rind etc.

25g cocoa - good quality again.

Melt the chocolate in a bowl placed over hot, not boiling, water.

Stir in the cream and alcohol/juice.

Leave somewhere cool or place in the fridge until cool enough to spoon into balls.

Put the cocoa into a shallow dish.

Scoop out teaspoonsful of the mixture and drop onto the cocoa, move the truffle around until coated in cocoa.

Place in sweet cases if required.

This amount makes 70 truffles - 20 for a present and the rest for............ :wink:

Here are some I made earlier............ I like mine to be rough shapes and not look as if they came from a factory ......

2005_0924Truffles0001.jpg

Edited by Guest

Lesley, they look wonderful! How long do they stay fresh? I'm having friends round for dinner on Saturday and would quite like to make some to have with the coffee.

er.......um.......I would assume that they keep for a few days as they are made with fresh cream. Personally speaking, I wouldn't know :shock::wink:

I made some last night as I have my dad to stay for the weekend and he loves truffles :shock:

I made the filling last night and the truffles this morning then popped them back in the fridge with the intention of bringing half to work tomorrow to check they are edible ( I don't really like chocolate so I need guinea pigs :lol: )

I would have brought them today but they were starting to get a bit soft again :roll:

I made the filling last night and the truffles this morning then popped them back in the fridge with the intention of bringing half to work tomorrow to check they are edible

:shock::shock: your cooking? - or my recipe? :lol:

Linda - I didn't like to be rude :lol: - but I did think it was a strange question! :lol:

I do keep them in the fridge until needed, then leave them at room temperature.

Oh yes even I liked them :lol:

Most of them will get scoffed today I think I mentioned to someone yesterday I was bringing in truffles and he said he would pop up to my building for coffee - some coincidence :roll::lol:

I suspect even I will eat a couple :shock:

Its a shame we aren't doing a coffee morning at work this year as I think they would go down a storm :lol:

Never again will I pay inflated prices for truffles from a cake or sweet shop 8)

Annie - the truffles you brought me were most welcome :D (and I reused the box! 8) )

I don't seem to have much time these days? :roll::wink: I only made these as a Birthday present for my SM as it was quicker than going into town to buy something :lol:

I've been making a lot of ice cream to use up eggs so had the cream in the fridge. Our farmshop sells reasonably local Jersey Cream.

Hi here are some we made earlier, a la Blue peter. These are Gordon Ramsey's recipe, White and dark centres with various alcoholic and non alcoholic flavoring, covered in icing sugar or cocoa powder and then coated in chocolate. They are a bit naughty, there were twice this amount yesterday :oops:

DSC03906.jpg

Thanks to lesley's lovely recipe, i'm inspired and i'm now thinking that i might make some as Christmas gifts, make them look nice in a little box. :D

Anne