Martin B

African Pygmy Hedgehogs

As mentioned earlier, I've been keeping African Pygmy Hedgehogs for a while now, they are lovely creatures with great personlities, and they are quite easy to handle too!

Just thought I'd show you a few pictures of my herd, they are...

Snuffles, my first girl.

snufflespicture-2.jpg

Orinocco, my lovely stud boy,

MoreMorePhotos046.jpg

I am waiting to pick up another girl in early May, her name is going to be hufflepuff...

As a baby...

hufflepuffbaby.jpg

A little bit older...

hufflepuff.jpg

Cute.

They are just as easy to care for as indoor rabbits, (have to be housed indoors, after all they do originate from Africa.) Not the cheapest of things either, but they are absolutely lovely and fantastic pets! :)

Martin

Orinocco is very soft, you wouldn't think he was a hedgehog at all. Snuffles is quite spikey but not too bad, and she is used to me handling her now. :)

They are so soft on their belly, it's fur not spikes and is very smooth.

Orinocco is in a viv with a heat mat, but they can be kept at a constant room temperature of 19 celcius or so. Snuffles is in a non heated indoor rabbit cage. They have shavings on the floors and igloos to sleep in. They also have giant wheels which they spend hours on running around in. :lol: