PurpleTree Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 For ages I've been wanting one of these http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/namaste-uk/spotted-pig-ironwork-watering-can-(60493)/. I think it's really cool, but couldn't justify spending £20 on it. I keep going back regularly to look in the hope they've been reduced. But now look what they're selling http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/namaste-uk/rooster-ironwork-watering-can-(60482)/ It's got such a happy expression on its face too. Don't know how long I'll last out Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 I prefer the rooster. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bantambabe Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Oooo, that's luverly....(must resist, must resist..) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jess Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 If you have been thinking about it that long then get it, you will always regret it if they sell out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted May 27, 2009 Author Share Posted May 27, 2009 I've given hubby a hint i.e sent him the link to the product saying 'I want'. Do you think it'll work? I've wanted the pig one since last year and was going to ask for it for my birthday, in December, but they weren't stocking them over Winter It's our Wedding Anniversary in June though... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 I prefer the rooster. me too! the pig one doesn't 'work' for me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Oh I like the Rooster Purple tree - I'm trying to set up a South Wales meet (and failing miserably!), would you be interested? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted May 27, 2009 Author Share Posted May 27, 2009 Yes if it's somewhere nearby - I don't have a car. Is there many of us here in wet, cold South Wales? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ms Marple Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 I love them all. I am going to order one for my mum for her birthday in just over two weeks time. Thanks for the link and the idea. She is a gardener with everything!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 I do like the rooster one but my OH would just go . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Yes if it's somewhere nearby - I don't have a car. Is there many of us here in wet, cold South Wales? There are a few of us, I'll PM you, as don't want to steal your lovely watering can thread! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted May 27, 2009 Author Share Posted May 27, 2009 I love them all. I am going to order one for my mum for her birthday in just over two weeks time. Thanks for the link and the idea. She is a gardener with everything!!! If you order now it's currently free delivery on orders over £10. It's one of my fave websites, bought quite a few things from them. My 'hint' to hubby seems to have worked, fingers crossed I'll get the Rooster for our Anniversary. Although I do still like the pig, might treat myself one day. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 I'm still wavering . What size it is? I can't find any dimensions and it's hard to imagine how big or small it is . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted May 28, 2009 Author Share Posted May 28, 2009 I've just asked them a question about how big it is, I was wondering this last night too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted May 28, 2009 Share Posted May 28, 2009 Great! Now I want one too!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted May 29, 2009 Author Share Posted May 29, 2009 Had a reply to my question about it's size. Here's the answer The Rooster measures approx 34cm height x 8cm width x 30cm length (beak to tail). I hope this helps. Jo. So not enormous, but it does look nice Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
littleleicesterfox Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 For ages I've been wanting one of these http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/namaste-uk/spotted-pig-ironwork-watering-can-(60493)/. I think it's really cool, but couldn't justify spending £20 on it. I keep going back regularly to look in the hope they've been reduced. But now look what they're selling http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/namaste-uk/rooster-ironwork-watering-can-(60482)/ It's got such a happy expression on its face too. Don't know how long I'll last out Ooh - they sell those rooster ones at Dobbies Garden Centres - I saw one at the Cirencester store t'other day and tried to persuade DH but he wasn't having any of it lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted May 30, 2009 Share Posted May 30, 2009 Just get it. Have you got one of the roosters on sale at Morrisons yet? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted May 30, 2009 Author Share Posted May 30, 2009 I don't go to Morrisons, don't really have one nearby. What are their Roosters like then? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted May 30, 2009 Share Posted May 30, 2009 I'll go and take a picture. OH groaned which should tell you something. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted May 30, 2009 Share Posted May 30, 2009 Not as classy as the watering can but cheaper at £8 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted May 30, 2009 Author Share Posted May 30, 2009 That's pretty. I have this one that hubby bought me for my birthday last year, spotted it on a Christmas Craft Stall in town. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted May 30, 2009 Share Posted May 30, 2009 Oh yes, I want, I want, I want..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ms Marple Posted May 31, 2009 Share Posted May 31, 2009 I have I have...... the spotted pig watering can. It arrived yesterday and mum's birthday is exactly two weeks away . I hope she likes it. Wasn't sure about the chicken as she is a bit scared my my chickens!!! Bad childhood memories Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted May 31, 2009 Author Share Posted May 31, 2009 What's the pig like? Is it as nice as it looks on the website? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...