spott

winter nights

omg it is so cold.... this is the forst winter to have my chooks, and i was wondering if anyone has any special tips about keeping them warm. i think they have cold feet as they have taken to standing on only one at a time... i was also thiking about putting some bubble wrap between eglu bottom and the flagsrones it sits on. and of course i remember to break the ice on their water peanut every morning when i let them out... any clever thoughts?

I am new to this chicken keeping lark too - but we had rabbits when i was young and we put carpet over the hutch which really helped - so i thought i might look out for an old bit to sling over the top. i read that their combs can get frost bite and to put vaseline on....I shall be sending hubby out with a big pot in his wellies shouting 'here...chick chick chick'....if only to freak the neighbours out!!!!

I shall be sending hubby out with a big pot in his wellies shouting 'here...chick chick chick'....if only to freak the neighbours out!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I put a couple of drops of citricidal in each gulg (have two) and no frozen water today. Just bought some hessian to wrap the plants up, might wrap each glug up too, to give a bit more protection from the frost.

Christian x x x