freespiritbutterfly Posted July 20, 2009 Share Posted July 20, 2009 I was just wondering if anyone has or not? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted July 20, 2009 Share Posted July 20, 2009 I was good friends with my ex husband, until his new OH took issue with it. My OH was not threatened at all. Shame really as we made good friends It was worse losing him as a friend than it was losing him as my husband. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 20, 2009 Share Posted July 20, 2009 I'm good friends with my Ex - we don't see each other often now our children are grown up but we always meet up for major birthdays, weddings, christenings etc. He's the father of my children, nothing will ever change that and life is too short for bearing grudges. It hasn't always been easy, but I felt I owed it to my children. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted July 21, 2009 Share Posted July 21, 2009 Absolutely not - never worked for me, especially after the beast 2 timed me i threw a perfectly good cake tin at him - no cake in it mind Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 21, 2009 Share Posted July 21, 2009 He's the father of my children, nothing will ever change that and life is too short for bearing grudges. It hasn't always been easy, but I felt I owed it to my children. Me too. After an acrimonious split, we get along better now and Rosie is happy, which is the main thing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
little chickadee Posted July 21, 2009 Share Posted July 21, 2009 One of my ex boyfriends is my daughters' god father. I'm really lucky that my husband is completely ok about it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted July 21, 2009 Share Posted July 21, 2009 Not me...but there was severe domestic violence involved. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
xScrunchee Posted July 22, 2009 Share Posted July 22, 2009 Nor me but my Ex's are Ex's for a reason However, if I were to split up with my OH I would work hard at being friends as he is the father to my children and it is so hard for the kids when the parents are at eachothers throats and they are stuck in the middle. Not that things always work out how you want them to but I would definitely try. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mad house Posted July 22, 2009 Share Posted July 22, 2009 Definatly not me! Would run to nearest airport if i knew he was near! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Staffordmum Posted July 22, 2009 Share Posted July 22, 2009 Nor me - money and property, the root of all evil Turned out good for me tho' - met Steve and moved to the country ... Now to find a job Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...