The Dogmother

Oh poo!

After months of nagging the builder, I heard last night that he's coming to make a start on my attic room ON MONDAY ...... ARGGHHHHHH!

That means that all the clutter up there needs to be boxed up and places found to store it around the house for the next three weeks ....... :roll: I need to dismantle the bed and find somewhere to store that (goodness only knows where).

The whole place needs to be covered in dustsheets as they will be bringing all the rubble down two flights of stairs to get to the skip.

I know that I really wanted to get it done (ask Mel, she's seen it), but I really wanted more notice to get it shifted. Rosie has offered to help, and I'll have to draft Phil in too if he isn't too busy with work.

Can't wait until it's finished though :D

You have my deepest sympathies - I hate building work and the disruption it causes. We camped in one end of our house this time while the work was done in the other and that was bad enough. OH mentioned at the weekend about getting the windows replaced soon and I said something like "not now dear".

Grin and bear it - and it's a great excuse not to do housework!!

Grin and bear it - and it's a great excuse not to do housework!!

Now that's a thought! The main problem is that they've got to come right down through the house to get anything in or out, so the mess isn't containable really.

The builder is really lovely, a super chap, but I have a stinking cold and can't face the thought of spending most of the weekend boxing up and shifting.

I'm trying Debs :)

I know exectly how I want it and I love project manageing theis type of thing (it's what i do most days at work), but I get frustrated because I can't be around during the day to keep an eye on what's going on. I shall ahve to be especially strict and get out the typed up spec that I did for them and make sure that they adhere to it.

I shall ahve to be especially strict and get out the typed up spec that I did for them and make sure that they adhere to it.

1) Uniform. Only thongs and bow ties must be worn.

2) After working up a sweat, you must take photos of yourselves using the supplied digital camera so I can admire them in the evening and PM them to the forum ladies.

3) Oh yes, and do some work too.

:wink: