Guest chookiehen

Edinburgh Get Together.

Which date would be better for you?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which date would be better for you?

• First Saturday in March
    • First Saturday in April

Ginette, I don't think i would have a problem! I think the Scots are more used to hearing English accents because of television programmes. In some areas here they have a very strong 'local' accent and dialogue - I'm sure this is the case both sides of the border, and then it can be a bit difficult (aye, its a braw, bricht, moon-licht, nicht, the nicht!).

Ginette - Louise and I were the only people there on Saturday, without an accent...!! :wink::lol::lol::lol:

That's exactly what I meant! And I had already considered what Fee says later: that you are more exposed to an English accent than I am to a Scottish one. But do you hear a 'Queen's English' as having an accent in the same way that a Liverpudlian has an accent?

I love accents. I'm useless at identifying them but I love listening. It amazes me that on this very small island we have so many different dialects. :)8)

A lovely time was had by all (including Harry) I think he was guarding the bags and his dads beer :roll:

It was really lovely tosee everyone again, especially Shona who we hadn't met before

Sorry we didn't say a proper goodbye Clare :( We met up with Choccy and OH and then we were going for a drink with them but couldn't really find anywhere appropriate to take the children and then it started to get a bit cold and wet so we decided to head back to Glasgow

We didn't want to be out too late with Harry and Jules

We went back to our hotel for a shower and a change of clothes and then headed off to Saucchiehall Street to a chinese restaurant that Dan knew of.

John and Shona, we did survive (we are used to Wolverhampton) it was a bit like Broad Street in Birmingham.

It was really nice and Harry was very impressed as it had an indoor waterfall. Which he thought was very 8)

PS will get Dan to post the pics ASAP, he is a bit overloaded at work at the moment

Ginette, it does look German doesn't it and sounds very 'harsh' when spoken - we only say it as a joke really - its a lovely, bright ,moon-lit night tonight! - wish it was, we have a severe weather warning for rain!

Debs - I was in Sauchiehall St. for my birthday meal last night - there are some fantastic restaurants in Glasgow, its hard to choose sometimes.

It was great Fee, we had been told it wasn't the best place to go at night, but we found it really great and I have to say people were so polite. :D

Makes a change from some of the big cities we have visited over the last few weeks

Super duper pics. Thanks Claret. You looked a dab hand at the top lifty up thingy you kept doing! I bet a few passers-by wondered what was coming next! :shock:

Shona - It is so lovely to see you too. I feel a real connection with you now. Hopefully will meet you at some point.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You want to have seen the funny looks we were getting when Carl stripped off to his Omlet t-shirt and he and the others posed with the Omlet bags..

You could almost hear everyone thinking 'bl**dy tourists'....... :lol::lol::lol: