v8landy

Recycled plastic or biodegradable

Hi

A question about the beehaus construction, but also applicable to the eglues and cubes, so it may have already been answered?

Is the plastic used in the construction of Omlet products any % age recycled?

Or is it designed for ease of recycling at the end of its life, i.e what type of plastic is is. Like on plastic bottles they are marked so you know which type of plastic bin to put it in.

Not that I am suggesting the Omlet products will (in the near future) end up in a recycle bin.

As far as I know, the Eglu (and presumably the Beehaus, as it's the same construction) is recyclable, but not made from recycled plastic.

I attach a bit from the Products guide on Eglus: Made from energy efficient polymers using modern construction techniques the eglu will last for years and at the end of its life can be 100% recycled.

Plenty of Eglus get recycled - by being sold on Ebay for near thier original price!

All mine are "recycled" - my Eglu from Ebay and both my cubes are Omlet reconditioned ones.

I already have a search for a Beehaus - might just get some silly person with more money than sense buying one then realising the beekeeping is not as easy as they thought so selling it on.

After all WE all know a "dog is for life not just for Christmas" but still some people don't get that one! Must be some who don't get that bees will not just magically produce honey if stuck in a Beehaus and left to themselves.....