Sara

I'm goin on my holz!!!

I don't wish to crow Kate and all of the Southerners but the weather in Edinburgh is glorious today I don't very often get the best in the UK 8)

Not a patch on Spain though hope you are having a braw time Lesley where are you? My parents are in Spain at the mo near Torrevieca (dodgy spelling :lol: )

Hello Lesley (sorry I only know the spanish for goodbye!)

I've said Hi in another thread because I thought you were back - never even considered you using a computer across the miles!

Hope you are enjoying yourselves, missing you in the forum.

Adios!! (I think that's correct) :D

I haven't been here for ages, shame really as I could have met up with Sara as Filey is just a few miles from us.

Well as some of you know, Hubby and I are going on holiday on25th...a real adventure too! We are "doing europe" on our motorbike.....travel overnight ferry on Thursday to Amsterdam, then ride through Holland and on to France. Should be somewhere near Paris by Friday teatime. Will be keeping a track over on another forum so each day we will post our final destination for the day. Should be fun.....France, Spain, Belguim and Germany!!!! could be any of these, or all of them!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hola! Sorry - I'd already left before the last lot of replies were showing 8)

We are in a 'fishing village' near Malaga in a quiet area, in a Villa with a pool. Suits me because I don't like beaches and people and I can only cope with the sun when I'm in the shade! Carl and I are lurking in the shade by the pool while the others have walked to the beach.

It has been 33C most of the time and only one small shower. No proper rain here for 8 months!

Not all roses though as Vikki and Andrew were 'relieved' of 100Euros at Malage Cathedral by a gypsy offering flowers on Tuesday. We calmed Lauren and Jake down and came back to the Villa only to find that our part had been broken into :( I must have disturbed them as I came down through a metal gate and they threw my handbag onto the ground and fled. There was 75 pounds stirling in it - still there :? I'd forgotten to double lock the door, if I had locked it properly then they wouldn't have got in :oops: Grilles at all windows and doors so we still feel safe. :?

I have taken the sticker off the hire car that announces to the world that it is a hire car :roll: - just in case!

Could have been a lot worse and we've lost nothing but 100 Euros :roll: - we just glare at everybody now - especially if they're carrying flowers :(

I hear my garden at home doesn't need watering?!! :D

Missing the forum and our girls but still having a good time - back Monday

Edited by Guest

Lovely to hear from you Lesley and great that, bar the crime, you're all having a good time. You are allowed a rest on Monday before resuming mods duties :wink:

Suspect that with all the mixture of rain, sun and everything inbetween, you may be needing a few marrow recipes at least when you return.

Bet you can't wait to see your girls again :D

I'm back! Been out to see the girls at 7.30am as we didn't get back until 1.15 this morning!

So nice to see GREEN everywhere - even the bindweed :evil: . No problem with marrows but we will be eating a lot of tomato omelettes! I wish I could have just brought a little bit of that heat and sunshine back - just long enough to make proper sun-dried tomates instead of using the dehydrator.

I was convinced that the 'third' of our problems would be to do with the hire car but it turned out to be Carl!

Left the villa at 10.30am but flight not until 10pm. We wonderd how we would fill the day but Carl managed to provide the entertainment. I ended up calling an ambulance and he was wired up to heart monitors etc. He was OK but this is the second warning now for him to slow down. (He certainly did after the Diazepam :? ) All well now and nice to be back in my own bed. :D

Welcome back Lesley, hope Carl is feeling better now he is at home holidays are supposed to be relaxing..............You have to keep on nagging him to slow down my OH is the same he never seems to sit still when will they learn.............Anyway have a good first day back chilling with the chooks.............. :lol:

Hello all - nice to be welcomed back. Kate you've scared Carl into pottering in the garden - he's cleaning the Eglus out :D

Thought you might like to see a photo of what I found on my holiday!

2005_0829Sweetcorn0002.thumb.jpg

Friends of ours from our village moved to Spain two months ago and were just 30 mins drive from where we stayed, on a Finca in the mountains, so we called to see them. First thing we saw when we parked - 10 Pepperpot lookalikes! :D They all have names and are producing 9/10 eggs a day - certainly helps to make friends locally!

I had my little fix of hen cuddling :D

(There is a bigger photo in the chicken gallery but I'd rather stay this size :? )

Less time than it takes me to catch any of ours Nicola :oops:

I can only presume that as there are 10 that they compete more for food - ours do to an extent. I put my hand down as if calling a cat and they came running over and squatted down - easy!

Lyndsey had great difficulty in finding POL chickens which hadn't had their beaks cut :cry: She found these on a trip to have forms signed by their solicitor. Oh had to sort out the forms while she negotiated with his neighbour for 10 chickens!

I noticed your lovely henrobelia bits you bought back Lesley in the gallery....I take it the hen didn't make it into the suitcase too :wink:

Sounds like you had a perfect time (minus the 3 troubles) but I'm with you on the sun thing. I love sitting out and enjoying it, as long as I can sit in the shade. Being a redhead, the sun and me don't mix well....but give me a good book, a swimming pool and an umbrella.....even better to have some friendly chooks to keep you company :D

so nice to see you back too.

It's so nice to be back and 'chatting' with everyone again - I really missed it while I was away. So much time free and no computer most of the time :roll:

We're not taking as many holidays next year. We've cut back from what we usually do this year but it's still an imposition for others to have to look after our garden and hens so holidays at home next year 8)

I know what you mean. We've felt awful leaving our garden and hens to the neighbours, even though they say they really don't mind - I think they quite like the free eggs. Still - it does play on your mind doesn't it.

Saying that though, we've only had a week in wet Wales this year, and I've missed my two weeks somewhere sunny something terrible. If you have a holiday at home, make sure you do lots of holiday type things, and keep the housework to a minimum! (as if!)