Sara

I'm goin on my holz!!!

Hi,

I'm goin on my hols tommorrow :D . But before you all get excited it's only to Filey :lol:

The eglu has been put in the big run and we have a relative coming up twice a day to see to them. It'll be just my luck for them to lay while were on holiday! :)

Anyway i'm just writing to say bye. :oops:

PS ill be back in a week.

We're off too for a week, back on 20th. Hopefully James will have found a 2nd hand mark 2 Eglu for me by then.

Just got the little one off to bed (finally), she was over excited, has been with her dad for a couple of days and he feeds her rubbish which doesn't help, but I think she has holiday fever.

The bunnies were out for a scamper round the lawn earlier, they are sooo cute. I hope that the friend who house-sits can look after them too, he is great with the cats and fish but hasn't tried the bunnies yet. I said to keep them in their main hutch if he is anxious about transferring them to the run on the grass - I don't want one to get out - they are mad and break for the hills at every opportunity and the garden itsn't bunny proof!

Still, will try not to worry about it while we are away. Going to Snowdonia, Lancashire, North Yorks (visiting rellies) and lastly Derbyshire; phew!

See you all soon, will have a chook party when I get them so will post an invite; I hope that anyone within shouting distance can come.

BFN

Clare T

Happy Hols both - can I join in here?

We're off to Spain tomorrow with Lauren and Jake (and I suppose we'll take Mummy and Daddy as well :roll: ) We're back Bank Holiday Sunday.

Just off to 'Spring Clean' the Eglus ready for chicken sitters!

To all of you going on holiday and leaving your chickens with chicken sitters - we always leave a large cardboard box and the phone number of the nearest vets that will treat chickens. Our sitters are told that if they are at all worried, to take them to the vet - I think it takes some of the pressure off them if they are not chicken keepers themselves

ouch! Want to spend 6 1/2 hours a day locked in a room with 32 eleven year olds??

:shock::shock::shock: Its bad enough with one husband and 3 dogs :wink::D ( I was only kidding you know - i do know teachers work jolly hard! - I actually had a place at Winchester to do teacher training, then met this gorgeous bloke and gave it all up to be with him. Luckily it will be our 16 wedding anniversary in September so I guess it was worth it (except for the 48 weeks holiday, short hours, ........ :wink::D )

actually had a place at Winchester to do teacher training, then met this gorgeous bloke and gave it all up to be with him.

Sounds like a fair swap to me! I wish my other half would persuade me to give it up....it wouldn't take much arm twisting!! :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: - you just need to make him think it was his idea!!