Ruttie

eggvice

welcome to the forum :dance:

HOW EXCITING....the best bit is getting the eglu.....you will love it - its so easy to keep clean and you will find chickens fun, entertaining and easy!

I dont give mine marmite - but I know others do - im sure they will be along in a mo to advise!

what colour did you go for??

We have green (we chose it to blend with the garden :lol: )

Omlet are pretty good - you shouldnt have to wait too long. Then you will be pacing up and down waiting on delivery day for the arrivals :D

the eglu is bigger in real life !

Dont be afraid to ask anything on here - everyone is very friendly and helpful - questions are very varied - from feeding treats to colours of poo :wink:

let us know when its coming!

ps - my girls love as treats -

raisins/sweetcorn/oats/grapes/broccoli/mashed potato/cherry tomatoes/boiled rice.......havent got around to marmite yet

I read about the toast and marmite too, and my girls have had it a couple of times. The only trouble is the dog loves toast so much that she will try to dig up the run to get the toast. There are lots of other yummy things the girls like - sweetcorn, grapes, greens, mealworms and grain - none of which rosie will touch - although she thinks she should like grapes!!

I have had Fenny and Clara since October and they are ace - I get a great deal of pleasure from them and also from their eggs!!

If you ordered it over the christmas period you may have to wait a while as they only got back to work yesterday!!!

Good luck with your chicken keeping. Eglu's are SO MUCH BETTER than wooden coops, trust me mine used to live in a wooden coop. Until I raised enough cash to buy one!

HI,

We got our green eglu and three ladies on 30 Nov. Both hubbo and I took the day off to wait and pace. I really didnt expect to fall in love quite so quick :oops:

Sat in their play area yesterday and Twister jumped on my lap - could have cried I was so happy! :lol:

Got our first egg from Twister on 21 Dec and have had one a day from her since and in the last 2 days one of the others has started! Woo-hoo!!!

You are going to enjoy them sooooooooooooooo much!

I tried a bit of marmite but only Popcorn was brave enough and she stuck her beak in the mud! Will try again some other time.

Dont feel worried about posting queries on here if you're not sure about anythng. Everyone using this site is so amazing. Just like a big family - honest!

All the very best and keep us informed.

Sal :wink:

I give mine bread and marmite about once a week (sometimes a bit less!) and they LOVE it!!! I have to break it up so they all get a bit, but they all go crazy. It's their secone fav treat after grapes.

Let us know when you get your eglu!

Think that with Chickens just like humans they either love or hate marmite.

Mine turned their noses up but love grapes,raisins,porridge,cooked broccoli,corn on the cob,malt loaf ,mealworms etc etc

The fun is trying new things and hearing the fantastic chrrchrrchrr noise they make when you find something they really like :D

Have fun but be warned when they arrive you will do NO housework and watch NOo tv and you will talk chickens to everybody at work, in the supermarket, at the dentists, outside school gates etc etc whether they are listening or not.

The best thing ever though is walking past the eggs at Sainsbury's and saying to whoever you are with "well we don't need any of those!" :D:D

Hi Ruttie

I'm in Northants too, welcome to the forum. I waited about 2 weeks for my girls and their eglu, you'll be so excited and its true..... its chicken this, chicken that and other. You'll find yourself doing the egg dance, chatting to them in chookie speak " burk, burk, beep beep, burk" also its quite common to hear me yell "come and get your tomarto" and they come running so fast it always makes me smile. I also stand and bend my arms and flap them up and down :oops::oops::shock::shock::lol::lol:

I've gone completely mad now, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Your girls will have their favorite treats,

Mine love a slice of marmite on toast once a week

Tomarto is their favorite closely followed by sweetcorn

Greens daily

Have fun!!!

My lot turn their beaks up at marmite on toast, but will step over each other to get to tomatoes, oats with bio-yoghurt, grapes or sweetcorn.

Hope you don;t have to wait too long for your delivery!

everything is sooo true - you'll be chicken mad !!

another thing - when watching anything on tv - be it a film/soap/documentary I find myself shouting :!: CHICKENS :!: if they appear on screen :lol:

you will also find yourself buying completely useless tatt to collect dust in your home because they look like or have a chicken theme.

enjoy though - we wouldnt be without our chooks :wink:

I thought I was the only one!!! That is so funny!!! I shout CHICKENS at TV too!

I collect Chicken themed things now also. People tend to buy me things with chickens on! And cards etc. ha ha ha!! It's funny. I wouldn't be without my girls.

I've always been concerned about neighbours complaining, and in the summer the thought of rehoming them went through my mind. :( I am SO glad I didn't!!!! And you guys that've said it are right - they are no noisier than traffic, dogs barking, children shouting, lawn mowers mowing....

I had new neighbours move in week before Xmas. I think they are decorating at the moment, as they don't seem to stay overnight yet (!), I wonder what they will think/say???????

I had new neighbours move in week before Xmas. I think they are decorating at the moment, as they don't seem to stay overnight yet (!), I wonder what they will think/say???????

Leave them a box of eggs and a welcome card... they could end up being valuabel chicken sitters for you.... :D