Chick-a-doodle-doo

just ordered my cube and waiting for my ex-batts

(cube pink) I should get the cube next week. Am slightly worried that I have heard some leak! but loved the look so much have decided to give it a try. My ex-batts are ready for collection in two weeks.

I already have a few other hens but it's sooo addictive :mrgreen: but really glad I can give a retirement home to some ex battery hens..

I hope you can keep me sane until I get my ex batts the waiting will drive me crazy. :boohoo:

I've had a (cube pink) since July 2008 and had no leaks :dance: Congratulations on your imminent arrivals - something to think about though, the ex batts may struggle getting up the ladder, so would be worth putting something at the bottom to help them up (up turned plant pot, box etc).

You'll love both the cube and the chickens! :D

Congrats on your forthcoming new arrivals! I rescued some ex-batts in March and it was wonderful seeing them flourish!

I've got a (cube pink) and two (cube purple) and none of them leak... So I think you should be fine! I think the key is getting them reasonbly level!

Have you got any names planned?

hi thanks for your replies..

My names I have planned are Matilda, Ethel and Doris. :mrgreen:

I'm quite sad today hubby is already complaining about the pink! :roll:

I nearly gave in and changed the colour but I live next door to the most miserable, boring Mother and 50 yr old son couple that I thought... GOODNESS I NEED A LIFE AND PINK IS IT.. :mrgreen:

Hubby is buying his new, expensive, bike so I thought I need something for me.. (cube pink)

Congratulations on getting your (cube pink) and good luck when your exbatts arrive :D:D

Just one thing - they can be very weak when they first arrive and might not be able to make the ladder into the cube. Some people have made a ramp out of wood, to place over the ladder to help them up. Just for a few weeks until they are stronger :D:D