Jules.

Alpacas & chickens on Countryfile tonight!

OMG I want some Alpacas. Now can you all help me talk to "the anti alpaca"???

Remember when she didn't want chickens - now she has to be the one to put "her" girls to bed.

Then when I started talking about bees it was "we're not getting bees", now it's where will we be putting the hive.

And as for dogs - ask Mazzy how resolutely she IGNORED Yogi as she "didn't want a dog" Yes Mille spends all day with her - including at least 2 walks.....

When we were on holiday in Devon, they were selling Alpacas nearby. I said to OH that I would love some Alpacas.

On the day that I went and visited my sick uncle my OH and brother took the kids to go and look at the Alpacas. He sent me a text that he was going to buy some! Obviously he was joking but all the kids could talk about was how gorgeous they all were. He even got around to talking to the farmer about them. :doh:

One day when I'm a millionaire (in the words of Del boy) I'll have some Alpacas :D

They did mention that you can buy an alpaca for £500.

Sorry, I must have missed that - perhaps because I was waiting to hear the word 'thousand'...........we must have a special herd near us then, I'll have to have another look and see if their prices have come down.

They did mention that you can buy an alpaca for £500.

Sorry, I must have missed that - perhaps because I was waiting to hear the word 'thousand'...........we must have a special herd near us then, I'll have to have another look and see if their prices have come down.

My OH thought they cost thousands, the farmer had said 3 and half for one of them and he took it to mean thousands! :shock:

We had three castrated boy alpacas. They were £350 each when we bought them about 7/8 years ago. If you don't want to breed from them and you just want to love them and use their fleece and their ability to keep Mr Fox away, it is a perfect solution. They are beautiful pets and take very little time to tame and train. We used to halter ours and walk them around the fileds every morning with the dogs. I really miss them.