Martin B

Overjoyed

I've just back from the orthadontist. They were running late and I was in the waiting room for over an hour. But when I got in they had a look at my teeth, and they took my brace off! I'm so pleased, my teeth look so pretty, it feels quite weird to not have metal bits in my mouth. My first meal since having normal teeth was a lamb sausage and egg sandwich. I got the sausages from the farmers market and the eggs from Lesley and Carly. The finest produce for the finest teeth!

:D

Excellent news Martin - i know what it's like to be rid of a brace (albeit a long time ago now!)

Great meal to celebrate as well :D

It is great. I keep moving my tongue up and down my teeth to feel what they're like.

The meal was delicious, I even got to use the egg pan I was bought for Christmas! :D

here's a new avatar for you, Martin..

sparkle.jpg

Phil

perhaps without the lipstick? :?:lol:

Martin is quite at liberty to wear lipstick if he wants to - and carry a handbag - he's a 21st Century man... :wink:

Phil

You're lucky, they weren't really into braces when I was your age;

You're right Clare. I'm older than you and it wasn't something that was availble in Stratford. I had to go to Kings Heath, Birmingham - three buses and a walk :roll: I used to see a lovely man in a wheelchair - Mr. Hutton, in Springfield Lane, Kings Heath.

(just don't ask me what i did yesterday - I can't remember :roll: )

I've just back from the orthadontist. They were running late and I was in the waiting room for over an hour. But when I got in they had a look at my teeth, and they took my brace off! I'm so pleased, my teeth look so pretty, it feels quite weird to not have metal bits in my mouth. My first meal since having normal teeth was a lamb sausage and egg sandwich. I got the sausages from the farmers market and the eggs from Lesley and Carly. The finest produce for the finest teeth!

:D

You're lucky, I'm getting mine fitted in April, it's taken so long as my baby teethe were perfect and were and are very stubborn and have stayed it. He would have fitted a bite bit in, but he's run out of funding for this financial year. Admittedly I still need one of my teeth to come out before I have braces, but I do trust my dentist as he's very good. It's not a surprise he went private. Although I was a member of his old practice so I still get it on the NHS.

(just don't ask me what i did yesterday - I can't remember :roll: )

Nor me, that's definitely our age! :roll:

There is only one NHS dentist in Banbury, and predictably they don't have any spaces, so I have to go private. Because I am registered at the practice though, Rosie gets NHS treatment there which will come in handy if she needs a brace. Our dentist is super :D