chelsea

run extension

cant believe got hubby discussing extending the run already :lol:

and bigger run could lead to more chickens :dance::idea:

question -

Can you have the extended run at a "right angle" or "left angle" as opposed to just being one continuous long run??

Reason being - we have plenty of width in the eglu/run vicinity so we could extend across but not really much room to extend the length

could this be done with some twiddling? :idea:

please say yes!!

erm.... I don't think so.... but I only have the converter, so not entirely sure.... maybe if you were brave enough to crop the run in some way first....., but you would need to buy an extra "end" for the "turn" as well....

Got me thinking now! :roll::?:?

No, pretty sure you couldn't , as where it attaches it is entirely upright (the end of the run), whereas if you attached it to a side, the side is curved, so no good....

sorry... not very spatially aware! :oops:

Chelsea - you've been reading my mind I'm sure! :shock:

I was out in the garden today cleaning the eglu and replacing the woodchip and pondering how to extend the run in a L-shape rather than making it longer....... :?::?::?:

I was also thinking how nice it would be to have a mid-run door so that it is easier to reach in and grab food bowls / sand tray that have been kicked too far from the door. Crawling into a very damp run is not appealing at the moment.

Must get my thinking cap on :think:

How about a flexible pipe section between the 2 eglu run sections. The flexible pipe would be big enough so that the hens could walk through it and could be bent at an angle. The ends of the run would have to be modified so the ends of the pipe could be securely fixed. It would also allow you to separate hens for introduction purposes etc. Just a thought :idea:

Agree on the mid run door. Small feeding trays are accumulating half way down the double run because I don't fancy going in with the chickens and damp bark just now.

They really do appreciate the extra space though - and it means that one half is covered with a shower curtain and the other half is more open.

Omlet needs to design three new converters:

(1) A left turn

(2) A right turn

(3) A left and right turn (for a T-shaped run)

You could then go in any direction you like, adding on the same straight extensions as before.

But how could you lift a run of that shape? Or rake it, or get around the corner in an emergency? I will wait and see what the run with the new Eglu will be like: I am hoping it will be bigger and better. It can't be long now before the new Eglu is revealed!

A run door mid way would be great!

I've also got plastic trays stuck at the wrong end of the run. I keep a rake by the run so I can reach in and grab things or give it a rake over if they've been digging, but obviously can only get so far along (have the run plus converter). I'm debating sending one of the kids in, but can't decide yet whether this would be child cruelty or not .......... :roll:

I use a rake too Snowy, especially if it's pooey in the run. A mid-run door would be great :D

The boy was thinking about adapting the run into an L shape - he said that if I got an extra Eglu, then the first section of the run could be cropped into a curved shape and be fastened on the the side of the existing run. I wasn't convinced and would rather wait for the mark 3, not that I can afford it right now anyway :roll:

I totally agree with all your comments, mid door would be brill and an extension for the side, also brill idea. Was only thinking of ways today of how to give bunnies more space, already have converter, but same as Chelsea no more length in garden.