pepe

music

Can any of you out there help me please.As some of you know I'm doing a diploma in holistic massage, I'm due to start my case studies next month, and I need some good cd's suitable for massage. I thought why go to google, when I have the forum :D so any ideas? Thanks.

Katherine Jenkins?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhh!

That will have me running........................... :?

I'm sure Buffie will have some suggestions - I know that there are special Cd's of this sort of music - I've seen them in our local whole food shop - and some big garden centres in those displays where you select a cd and it plays a sample for you to listen to.

I think you should branch out a bit - make your massages distinctive.. Not everyone can relax to those horrid generic mood-music CD's..

why not have a bit of ZZ Top - or (better) Deep Purple...

(funnily enough - I had planned to post a CD recommendation today - not for massage - but for relaxation - I'll have to do it later today after a little flurry of meetings..)

Phil

I have a great CD - The Classic Chillout Album - a collection of classics for a modern world.

It has all sorts on it & is very,very relaxing 8)

It is not all classical music, more modern chilled stuff.

Here is a link on Amazon - & I notice that there is a second volume now too :P

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Classic-Chillout-Album-Various-Artists/dp/B00005NFFO/sr=8-1/qid=1169044267/ref=pd_ka_1/026-6866391-4058020?ie=UTF8&s=music

Hope this helps!

Generally we've been advised to avoid music with lyrics on my massage course, as it may lead to some clients trying to listen out for the lyrics, singing along etc and staying in the "now" rather than relaxing with the masage. I've been using some very laid back Rick Wakeman stuff

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Music-Trilogy-Sculptor-Sketches/dp/B00000JOK2 to be accurate.

Yes it is a bit generic and a bit wishy washy in some ways but I'm using it as background, some thing other than silence, an aid to relaxation. As a plus I tend to find instrumentals tend to last a little longer, nearer the hour, same as the massage and I can use the tracks as timing aids. Hope you find something that works for you and your clients.

I've thought of some other 'mood' music now!

The Gymnopedie and Gnossienne by Erik Satie. Haunting piano music. I'm sure you would know Gymnopédie no 2.

Piano music by Debussy and some of his orchestral stuff too.

The piano music by Einaudi

Pan Pipes are quite haunting.

Flute music - Fauré's Pavanne, Debussy's Syrinx.

Bach pieces for solo cello or violin - no accompaniment.

Do let us know what you find!

Pan Pipes are quite haunting.

Do people want to be haunted when having a massage?? (never having had one of these full-blown professional massage-jobbies - I wouldn't know!)

8)

Phil

I have another called "Voices of Tranquility" - the blurb says its "the ultimate relaxation experience,specially recorded to soothe your body & ease your mind.For thos times you want to unwind whether it be through massage or aromatherapy,a coffee break or a hot bath"

I bought it after hearing it at Centerparcs while I was having a facial.

Does that sound like it would do the trick?

Let me know, & you can have this copy if you want it,I never use it.............

Heres an Amazon link -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Voices-Tranquility-Vol-1-Various-Artists/dp/B00005Y0RP/sr=8-1/qid=1169120307/ref=sr_1_1/026-6866391-4058020?ie=UTF8&s=music