Louise

Cat problem

I hope Louise won't mind me stealing her limelight for a second to hopefully get some advice about my cat problem.

She's scratching the carpet on the bottom step of our stairs.

I've tried spraying her with water everytime she does it, but I just can't bring myself to race out of bed at 4am when I hear her, and I really don't want to lock her out of the house when we're not in.

Does anybody have any good idea's - other than removing the carpet

:roll:

I've just gone and skimmed the first page of your thread Louise.

We had exactly the same problem. Our Molly was being bullied too.

The only thing that worked with us was water. But we also used a whistle too. We threw the water, then blew the whistle. Eventually, we just used to blow the whistle and the cat would think a bucket of water was coming. Now, we don't see the bully cat at all.

I remember Darren running up with garden waving a bright yellow a spirit level at the cat too. It didn't do a thing, but it looked really funny!

:D

Keep persevering. It will get the message.

Thanks for the tip about the whistle Gina I might try it if the water only doesn't work but not too loud so I don't wake the neighbours :lol:

I have an elderly cat that is a scratcher I have tried everything and she still does it :evil: I really want some new furniture but not until Charley goes as it would get ruined :roll: