Popcorn

Thunder Storms

:shock: I'm sure the chickens will think nothing of it, they'll be fine in the Eglu.

But what shall we do with you, my dear? I think you've solved it by coming on the forum! :D Its horrid to lie there not sleeping. Much better to do something & then try again, & what better than a quick catch up here. You could always read some of my old postings, you'll soon nod off!

No sign of a storm here, can I have yours?

It was a really bad one here too Mel. Right over our house. The thunder was so loud we could feel the vibrations in the bed :?

I was so worried about my little chookies, but they are fine this morning....waiting to see if they lay......

It was better for me to get out of bed Sheila and occupy my mind a bit. I did fall to sleep pretty easily after I'd got back in. Yor postings did the trick :wink:

Awww....that's good Kate.

It was all I could do to stop myself from getting soaked by going out and putting the cover over the run at 2am. The rain was so bad and thunder so scary, it would have been a silly thing to do :roll:

Chookies are munching away on the bugs that have come up with the rain though, so they're happy :D

We have got the rain and storms coming today. Its alot cooler out there today. Luckily, I purchased the winter cover without Hubs knowing :lol: so chickens I hope are going to be okay today.... Not nice for their first full day in a new home though :(

We had a bad storm last night too and again this morning. Neither chooks have laid today but I can't blame them - think they might need to come in and have a dry off and warm up before OH gets home though... or would that just be too naughty as I did promise that they wouldn't come inside once we'd got them.... :?::?

They just look so pathetic, like little drowned rats! :lol:

Perhaps all those omleteers waiting for the first egg could try that.

Lock hens in eglu. Put hose on eglu to imitate rain. Intermittantly shine very bright light through ventilation holes. Take metal dustbin and bang with lump hammer.

Then turn round and realise neighbours have witnessed the whole thing :oops::oops:

Next morning collect first egg :D:D