Cinnamon

Marshmallow

Marshmallow,my daughters blue Pekin Bantam had to be put to sleep today.

I always knew that she was not quite right, so was so tiny compared to the other Bantams & never seemed to thrive,always had runny eyes & nostrils & was generally an unhappy looking little thing who sat in a corner not moving much.

In fact she was so teeny that we never called her Marshmallow, she was always "Baby"

So,we made the decision to let her go today, & even though I know it was the right thing to do I still feel rotten about it :?

Sorry about Marshmallow Sarah

At least when she was with you she was loved and cared for

Big hugs to you and your daughter and don't feel too bad, you did the right thing not to let her suffer anymore :cry:

Pekin bantams have such big personalities for such little birds. I really missed Layla when she died, she was the cheekiest of the lot.

I plan to do some more hatching this year if I get as many broodies as last year. I will hatch for Lesley if she needs it again, but I have also been thinking of buying in some hatching eggs for pekin bantams - they are such gorgeous chicks - and selling on the babies. I'm still not sure about this, because there's the usual dilemma of spare cockerels :?

Edited by Guest