Han

New girl on the block!!

Helloo Thankyou!!

:D:lol::D

Just thought I would say.. Does anyone happen to know if chickens are stupid enough to eat a patch of grass that has gone mouldy (and smelly) (where we have moved an old paddling pool that was out), I was just wondering as this would be in the new run that we are sorting out... (I don't know if I am being stupid!!)

:)

you're not being stupid!!

I would imagine that the chooks would stay well clear of anything that might not be good for them - they seem to do that with the plants in our garden :roll: so I wouldnt worry too much, but there is bound to be someone with much more knowledge than me, (not exactly hard....) so, if I am wrong I shall apologise in advance :!:

I expect they will just scratch through the black slimy grass rather than trying to eat it. I anticipate them reducing the area to bare earth within a couple of days - in fact you could tell the neighbours that you have bought the chickens especially to deal with the smelly grass, rather than having them suffer the odorous whiffs :wink:

Helloo Thankyou!!

:D:lol::D

Just thought I would say.. Does anyone happen to know if chickens are stupid enough to eat a patch of grass that has gone mouldy (and smelly) (where we have moved an old paddling pool that was out), I was just wondering as this would be in the new run that we are sorting out... (I don't know if I am being stupid!!)

:)

Just put them on the darn grass. If it's not good for them, you'll soon find out - and you can enjoy some nice variations such as, 'Breaded Drumers', 'Deep Fried Southern Style', Or just 'Sunday Roast'.

... you know I'm not really that mean - being Veggie and all that, daugher of mine.

Communication would be faster and more accurate here if we did all use a computer, the boys seem incapable of understanding spoken words from me :?:evil:

I agree! I have a wonderful new system: Its called "He-mail" I email OH with requests and info. That way, you can do an audit trail, and when he says "You never told me", you can prove that you did! Marvellous! :lol::lol:

That is just how we operate in our household. I just email the rest of the family, sometimes with conversations going on when OH is downstairs on his comp, kids are on 1st floor on their's and I'm in my garret - except that since Monday when elec surge fried 90% of the innards of my computer but left all others intact :evil: I'm now having to use the laptop in the kitchen :evil::evil:

I should add that we do all eat together and talk normally at least once a day :D

Oh, and computer science son, who was coincidentally doing electrical things in his room when house power tripped off, :roll: is going to make me a bigger and faster replacement :D

when that happens I can download and post photos of (pink eglu)